UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Give The Goss.....

Jazz

the landlord has accepted them, just got to get references etc. shes asked me to definitely have him. given me his chip details, but not the letter signing him over. 

merlin and crew have had chicken stew for tea. he has thrown temper tantrums. not like him. must be his age lol

katie wont go through the fly screen. its the one with magnets so it closes behind you. one side is strapped to the chair with bungee ropes. enough room for the flys to come through lol ill lower it bit by bit

the new fans plug didn't reach into the kitchen. that's a bugger. oh look, its next to a plug socket in the living room. I could use that....

Yantan, I hope when you get there you feel better

I have the strip screens Jazz, I have 2 of them up and seems to be quite good at keeping the flies out

Went to town to grab a case of lager.. interesting trying to carry that on crutches! Anyway, got to the bus stop and I looked up the road..it's one way and it was blocked at the top, a bus had hit someone so I crossed over and waited for the bus on another road before it turns up the one way road...it was Steve and luckily I got on where I did as the bus went on divert and I would have been left waiting ages for the road to be cleared. Apparently it was an old man, he was crossing where there isn't a crossing and just on the corner... everyone is immediately blaming the driver of he bus.... it's not Steve's company but another, trouble is, people just walk out there and they can see the bus car taxi is coming but they can't wait that 4 seconds until it's safe and the situation isn't helped by Ubers just stopping and picking people up and dropping them off where ever they like

Edited by griff

I hope the poor old man is OK and the bus driver who will have had a hell of a shock.  

It's like when people commit suicide by throwing themselves under a moving vehicle or train and don't stop to consider what impact it will have on the driver, or the people who have to go and clean up. I used to work with a woman who had been a police officer and she told me about the first time she found herself on a rail line after a suicide. She went to a few more but that first one was the one that stopped with her. 30 years later she was still having nightmares about it.

We are going to get a taxi tonight to the hotel which is up the Borrowdale valley. I seldom drink but it might be nice to have a half or a g&t and Ruby can share a bottle of wine at dinner with our friend.