UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Give The Goss.....

Jazz

I love the Green man figures - but hate green lol so won't have them in my garden. Don't suppose they do a blue or purple version?

Hope you had a lovely lunch out with Steve Griff. I bet you looked beautiful.

Does that mean that the doggy can stay with his owners now?

I think I am getting very tight lol well that's not quite true, I will give anything to everyone else but for me...I won't spend more than a fiver.. well rarely lol

At last I have red hot scorching sun!! Lovely

• Like 1

We are home after an eventful time. Poppy Panda started struggling yesterday and we had a warning light come up on the dash. We turned round to head to the nearest Fiat Dealership and service centre back in York so missed going to Castle Howard. Got to the Fiat place and the only help they offered was an appointment for a mechanic to look at it NEXT TUESDAY! We explained we were visiting and due home the following day & that the manual told us to get the car to the nearest Fiat dealership to check the problem out. The guy just shrugged his shoulders and said there was nothing he could do. He wasn't in the slightest bit interested and made that abundantly clear. If you find yourself in York steer clear of SG Petch Fiat dealership. 

We struggled back to the B&B and called out Green Flag. This meant we had to sit there waiting till the chap arrived which was about a while and a long time after the hour we were told initially. This chap thought it was the spark plugs and did something to them to enable us to run a little longer until we could get new ones but advised us not to try and get home on them as they were. Griff will make more sense of this than my explanation because engines are all greek to me and she and I had a back and forth on our phones yesterday.  She kept me sane!!

Then this morning we discovered a little independent garage behind the petrol station very close to our B&B. The boss dropped everything and got us sorted out in about an hour. Poppy was misfiring and he changed the plugs and the coil and she has run beautifully all the way back. This is the sort of service we get here from Andy round the corner from us and our local Fiat dealership are absolutely ace too. Both of these places will help you out whether your a local or a visitor and get you going as quickly as they can. 

So last night we took Poppy out to go and find somewhere for dinner but she was still not running very well and the warning light was back on. All we could do for our dinner was go to a lay-by close to the B&B where we'd spotted a chippy. An odd place for a bricks and mortar chip shop but I tell you it was hands down the best fish and chips I've had in a very, very long time. So that was a happy find. It's called The Snap Box and is near the village of Dunnington on the main York to Hull road. Do yourself a favour if you are ever in that area and go and bag yourself a delicious portion of crispy battered fish and chips. 

Now we are home Ruby needs to get her car sorted out so she can get to work on Monday. 

• Like 1

im glad your home safe xx

if they get the place they have looked at, they wont take him back. if they don't and a place comes up where they can take him, they will. ive told her I need a decision so I know what to do. till she writes a letter giving him to me I don't know

It's like the Mediterranean here, really hot. To be honest it was nice over in Yorkshire this morning and we drove back in glorious weather. 

Now everyone remember to slap the sun cream on if you are out and about over the next few days!

Pleased everyone has got the good weather now, especially Suzeanna on her hols in Scotland. I've got loads of family coming up at the beginning of August and have warned them to expect rain. Anything else is a bonus.

Glad you're back home safely Yantan. Hope Ruby gets the car sorted for work.

That's annoying Jazz. Will he stay with you till it's sorted?

Oooh, Griff, I love that purple man, thank you. I think I'll be buying that. Was about what I expected to pay so brilliant find. Where do you get stuff for a fiver? You'd get the shock of your life if you come up to where I live lol