UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Give The Goss.....

Jazz

Plenty tearooms in Scotland Jazz, get yourself up here lol. Can't wait to get back there. Sorry about the cheese but glad you got a refund.

Shame about the weather in York, but glad Yantan, Ruby and Owl had a great afternoon.

30+ degrees here, have been melting all day

It was wonderful seeing Yantan and Ruby and I enjoyed Jorvik and the Minster. The tickets are valid for a year so I am going back to the Minster as I didn't see all of it. We all got a bit tired and decided to call it a day.  All ended up like drowned rats, even me with a long mac as my trouser legs got sodden. I didn't realise until we were on the way out that there are 64 Green Men in the minster, mostly in the chapter house which we did not see. I love Green Men so will go back some time and photograph them.

• Like 1

Green Man is the lovely mask type things that you see in gardens quite often

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=green+man&safe=active&prmd=imnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjgsry0zIbjAhVionEKHRQDAkoQ_AUoAXoECBEQAQ&biw=360&bih=468

I think but not sure it's got pagan roots, there really are some beautiful examples around

Eve... could I please have some of your heat...I am fed up with rain now

I hope we didn't rush you round too much Owl but it's good your ticket is valid for return visits. 

Owl is just as lovely as we remembered. Hope it's not another 11/12 years till we see you!

I had a green man on the outside of the house but he eventually disintegrated in the weather. 

We are of time tripping again today. This time to world war 2 at Eden Camp and possibly Castle Howard too if we have time.

Ooooo have a lovely time Yantan!

I am off for lunch with Steve, making a bit of an effort today, my cousin has approved my makeup...I don't wear much just BB cream, bronzer and eyeshadow but she said my skin looks glowing so job done! I bought a couple of new tops when I was with her yesterday so I think I will put one of those on...or I may wear a dress. I think we will be calling into his drs too as work are being nobs with him... again, Dr said he had to wear trainers, gave him a note, they have now decided he can't wear them as he never handed a note in....he did, they have lost it!

I have 3 green men outside, 3 indoors plus a green woman, and also a neck pendant.  They represent the connection between humans and nature. Some of mine are replicas of those in cathedrals. They do have pagan origins but became popular in medieval churches. York Minster shop had some replicas on sale but I refrained ... for the time being at least.

Well I never did! I had heard of lady pirates but never seen them...wonder why there's only been the one film, got that American lady in it with the red hair....Gina someone I think...but it wasn't a true story, I would like to see a full length program on lady pirates...bet they were hard on their crew!