UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Give The Goss.....

Jazz

Awe poor mouse 

Is it the tailgate that has failed? I am not sure of the set up on those, if it won't release electronically but will release manually it could be the actuator ( if you press unlock on the key and nothing happens but then if you put the key in the lock and can open it manually it's likely to be the actuator) 

Hmmmm Owl, could still be the actuator...I am not familiar with kangoo's do you know any kind sort who could have a look as it could be a thrown rod / cable and just wants putting back in.

Eve, there's nothing to it honest, it's just stuff that I have learnt...I know roughly what bits go with what on cars and the parts, well when I got the flick from being a mechanic, they Chucked me in the parts department... which I hated

I once worked in the office for a Calor Gas and parts supplier, but sometimes if the men were busy I went out to see customers and it was amazing the number of men who asked if I had 1/4in nipples!  Shows how easily amused the male of the species can be. 

Poor little mouse! Last year Candy found a teeny baby field mouse in the garden and patted it to get it to play.  One flat mouselet! She seemed very puzzled as to why it had stopped running around.

• Haha 1

Hope you can get the car sorted Owl, however much it costs it will be cheaper than a new car! (Hopefully!)

I do like to live dangerously...as I have no lymph nodes to speak of under my left arm warnings are loud and clear, no cuts burns or bites on that arm, as they will most likely become infected and I could be very ill.  Or even die.  That is very ill indeed! So, where are we going next week? The midgie capital of the world, that's where.  I must get to Go Outdoors tomorrow and buy a job lot of Smidge that Midge!

morning all

when I said tp my friend is tomorrow at 12 ok, she said yes, she actually meant the day after in the  morning. fancy me getting it wrong. so shes coming today, about 10. we shall see

its already blazing here

love to all xx

Suzeanna you can get some kind of balaclava thing made of netting if midgies are too bad. Some birdwatching friends of mine had them. Easier for them as they didn't mind looking odd, but worth considering.

Another mini mouselet this morning, sitting right where it would get stepped or sat on. Carried it to end of garden.

1 hour ago, suzeanna said:

Hope you can get the car sorted Owl, however much it costs it will be cheaper than a new car! (Hopefully!)

I do like to live dangerously...as I have no lymph nodes to speak of under my left arm warnings are loud and clear, no cuts burns or bites on that arm, as they will most likely become infected and I could be very ill.  Or even die.  That is very ill indeed! So, where are we going next week? The midgie capital of the world, that's where.  I must get to Go Outdoors tomorrow and buy a job lot of Smidge that Midge!

Suzeanna, play safe and put the smidge on every bit of exposed skin before you go out. Cover up as much as possible with long sleeves etc but it has to be cotton or such like. The midges will get through wool.

Keep away from eyes and lips- it tastes vile.

I would also recommend a hat as they get in my hair otherwise.

I have a midge net for doing the garden when the midges are about. They need to be the smallest of holes. Some are bigger holes for mosquitoes so are no good for midges. The fisher men here all wear them.

• Like 1

Well I am now on steroids for the asthma. I hope now I can walk around York without having to constantly stop. Owl you will recognise me by my bulging biceps! 

I met yet another ignorant dog owner on my way to the doc's. He was walking his kids to school but no sign of a dog. Then this BC came around the corner, ran past them and I caught him as he went past me. I was very concerned he had got out and was on the run. The man told me it was his dog. I was aghast. Off-lead and doing as he pleased in town with busy roads! I told the chap he needed to have his dog on a lead and properly under control. He told me to mind my own business. I told him he was an ignorant pig. I would have used stronger words if the kids hadn't been there.

There are a number of people here, notably young men, but not limited too that category, that get hold of BC's for a few quid from farmers and then pride themselves on walking them without leads. They don't even carry a lead with them! One of our town councillors, who will be standing for Labour at the next general election, does it! 

I just generally dislike people more and more - present company excepted of course.