UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Give The Goss.....

Jazz

im sure I went on about yorkie man. 

lewis is due about 10, taking me for my blood test. ive sorted out my drugs. got 2 carrier bags of drugs for them to dispose of

need to get dressed. after this coffee.....

Owl, I really hope your friends o.k. I eat like that with Steve, if he hasn't spoken to me by mid day I go up there

Jazz, do they change your drugs or over fill?? Shame they can't be donated to an overseas charity instead of being binned

I'm here! Nothing to do with you or anyone else telling their stories of woe, Griff, just that I've had nothing of interest to report! I hope you get a satisfactory end to the saga with those d*ckheads.

Philip slept very badly last night so he booked today as a holiday, giving me the chance to take the car and go into Chesterfield to get a new battery in my watch. Good grief, some people really shouldn't be driving! Stopped at a red light behind one other car..nothing in front of them.   Light went green..they sat there.  I counted to five, gave a polite beep.  Zilch! Counted to five again and blasted them, after which they shot off! Only cars that got through were theirs and mine, before the light changed again which shows how long they just sat (and no, hadn't stalled.)  Bit further, red light at road works..different car in front, same story.  I've come to the conclusion some people can't see the colour green.

I'm glad your friend is ok Owl, and hope your bruises aren't giving you too much grief.

That or they are checking their bloomin phone Suzeanna. Which is still against the law even if you are stopped.

I hope blackmagic is OK. Sometimes I just read as I have nowt to say and sometimes I just waffle anyway. 

Griff are your parents back from the solicitor's yet? I have got the right day haven't I?

because its needles, charities wont take them,

glad your friend is ok x

had my blood test. veins didn't collapse phew

the gp stopped the old blood test kit but hasn't put the new one on. it cant go easy can it? saw 3 people I know in there. lewis was amazed everywhere I go I know people. one was a dog walker I see over the field. going to take these out with my new zimmer after dinner.

I am okay. I have been reading.

Things are but difficult just now. JIm has had severe chest pain since last week and an urgent CT  on Monday resulted in him spending a night in our local hospital until it was decided what they would do.

He has fluid in his chest cavity but no confirmation of why although most likely connected to the cancer mets in his lungs. However, his blood tests are all coming back clear.

The options were drain it off there ,which they were reluctant to do since they are a small hospital- one medical ward and one surgical ward- ,   or send him home or to Inverness.

After a 5 hour discussion with  respirologist   and oncolgist  at the main hospital in Inverness he was sent home with an appointment for tomorrow at Inverness to get some fluid drawn off and a drain fitted. The district nurse will then come in to drain it.

Until we see the oncologist on 25th we don't know anymore.

He is in a lot of pain, particularly  at night. He has Oramorph to take to help him get some sleep but it  only lasts for 4 hours. He took extra last night  but was   very  sick this morning as a result .  He is very susceptible    to strong painkillers and opiods- dihydrocodeine gave him halluciantions- so  he is limited what he can take.

He can't do much more than watch tv without getting brreathless.

Apart from that things are just jogging along. until we get some answers.

Not really in a chatty mood but like reading.

Oh thanks for letting us know blackmagic but don't feel you have to keep it up when you don't feel like it. We are all here to off-load to if needed. Poor Jim,  I do hope the planned treatment tomorrow helps.  Please tell him I'm thinking of him and will be thinking positive, healing thoughts tomorrow for his appointment. 

So sorry Jim is suffering, which of course means so are you. I belong to a forum for people with mets and there are several who have to have fluid drained regularly, but in between times they are living pretty normal lives. Hope he soon gets help. 

Thinking of blackmagic and Jim xx

I can now disclose who was who has left us. Could not say before as some of her family were away and needed to be told before it went public. Julia, the best dog trapper on the Doglost team. She was 49. Had terminal cancer but kept it secret from everyone including her family. She will be greatly missed. Wispa and I have worked with her many times. 

Edited by owl
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1