UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Give The Goss.....

Jazz

Honestly it will take weeks to clear my bedroom! I am a right little hoarder, mainly of books. The ones I have in there are my fave's and although I know I need to give a lot of them up it's going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard! 

And then when all the clutter is gone I need to give it a coat of paint to freshen it up and move the furniture round, getting rid of the bookshelves and repair the wall behind my bed where the headboard has gouged holes. It's getting started, that's the problem.

Yantan, you are like Steve...he is fine when he gets going, in fact he won't stop until it's finished but trying to get him started, there's a patch on his living room wall where they boxed in the hole through to the kitchen...like a hatch type thing, his living room wall is white then there's this brown patch. Steve was supposed to paint when he had a week off but he never got round to it, he has the paint rollers etc, now it's just finding time for him to do it as he doesn't often get 2 days off together and if he does I want to go out lol

Yantan, see if you can sell any of your books rather than just giving them away.  I know what you mean though, we've got six bookcases full of books, most of which have been read more than once.  I don't understand it when you go to the flea market and see books you know only came out recently on the second hand stalls! 

Not raining here for a change, but Philip phoned on his lunch break and said it's pouring down at Barlborough.  He reckons it waits for him to walk out of the door, planning to have a walk round the lake. 

I used to love walking in the rain but as I have aged it's become much less of a pleasure and more of challenge. 

I have 4 piles of "To Be Read" books sitting on my great, great grandma's chest of drawers in my bedroom. I will be bloody annoyed if I die without getting to read all of them! 

Suzeanna I have tried selling some in the past on Amazon, eBay and such. The trouble is with the cost of P&P on top it either makes it them either expensive or you have to be happy with getting 50 pence or less when you do manage to sell them. People go into a charity shop and get the same book for half the price. I used to be a member of Read It, Swap It but the ever increasing price of postage meant it was no longer viable so it closed down. 

For the past few years I've only bought new books on my Kindle because then I can take them with me wherever I go and have no storage problems.

Kindles are great but I do love a real book. It is a shame that more places don't offer a swap facility, people went through a stage of leaving them in phone boxes in the city centre but there are so few phone boxes.. it's not really worth it 

And then we had a walk on the reserve and got soaked through. Wispa wore her special drying coat on way home so was dry on arrival. My jeans and walking boots and socks were sodden and cold. Should have worn tall wellies. Heating on here. Spud baking in oven.