UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Give The Goss.....

Jazz

I have also put heating back on because of damp more than cold. Not that it is a particularly damp house, no leaks or anything, but the extreme rain for so long seems to be permeating through everything. It is unlikely that we will be leaving the house today, which is an oddly relaxing feeling. Plenty of decluttering and sorting out to catch up on at my own pace. Wispa will certainly not request a walk in this, just lightning toilet visits to garden.

It's cold here too. I went out to retrieve the wheelie bin and found myself shivering! 

Griff my psoriasis started in earnest during our dispute with a nasty neighbour. Although stress isn't the cause of psoriasis it does flare at times of stress. 

Will and Kate are visiting our town today. I hope they've brought their thermals undies and waterproofs.

As a wise woman once said "a clean house is the sign of a wasted life". I have used that as my mantra ever since I first heard it. 

Archie's beloved auntie Jan just called round with one of her grand-dogs, Tilly, so I got doggie snogs. It was so nice to feel her fur under my hands. I gave Jan one of Archie's collars and she filled up. 

Ohhhhhhhhh, I take it back Suzeanna! They may struggle to sell, maybe holiday rentals would be better but I guess you don't want to have to move in with a parent.... and there's no saying they would have room

I agree, very cold and very wet...I am already frozen to the bone

went to the doctors, said its dry eye, go to the opticians. thanks

came home, dogs have had a poo party. every surface was covered. and someone has got the new box of tissues off the table and spread them. not happy

Eeweee, not nice Jazz and sorry about your eye, I think you need synthetic tears for dry eye

Yantan, yep...mums psoriasis was really under control but it's coming back again

How lovely of you to give one of Archie's collars away...I popped all of my dogs collars and harness into a box and there they will stay, Steve put Max's collar onto Molly but I got fed up with everyone calling her a boy so I bought her a pink collar lol

I have just emailed my councillor to see how relevant he thinks the covenant is in today's world or if another constituent has had issues... don't expect he will have any information but there we go.

Rain eased off from torrential to moderate, so Wispa and I went into garden for a few minutes. She had a mooch round and I pulled all the saucer things out from under the pots and containers so the plants can drain. Grass is growing like mad, and buddleia bushes likewise. If it ever stops raining they will be covered in flowers, bees and butterflies.

Now back to torrential rain. We have many flash floods but nothing like the floods down south.

• Like 1

I am minding next door's dog whilst neighbour attends a hospital appointment in Carlisle. 

I have discovered a recent ancestor, actually 1st cousin 2 times removed, who was a confectioner who made flakes! Not Cadbury one's but I suspect those little ones they use for 99's. She worked in Penrith and was born in 1911. Chocolate. Get on!

• Like 1

Ooooooo, those flakes in the 99 are lush, you are very clever doing all that , I don't have any patience, it drove me mad when my brother kept asking me for information lol

Steve is a happy boy, his playstation classic turned up so I have just dropped that off to him, he is such a massive geek, he has an Xbox 360, Xbox one, PS4, all the old Sega's a sega classic, SNES classic and a gaming pc. I guess I know what he will be doing this evening lol

Heating on here too plus the woodburner lit for good measure lol.

Been lovely and warm and sunny here for most of the day but chilly once the sun goes in. Spent the day in the garden and made another little dent in the jungle. Haven't been here for 10 months so it's really hard going but I'm determined to leave it at least half decent for the lady and her daughter moving in. The garden is covered in bees and butterflies which is lovely. Having lots of salvia, penstemon and comfrey helps to attract them.

Hope the drops help your eye Jazz and that the dogs bottoms are better behaved.

Pleased you've had some doggie time today Yantan.

• Like 2

When our dobe was about 5 months old she broke both her back legs and the vet said she would always limp. We asked them to give her comfrey tablets and she had no limp at all.  They were so impressed they recommended comfrey for all breaks after that. 

• Like 2

I just messaged my brother about the ongoing saga next door, now my brother is tight...like getting blood out of a stone....he has just offered to pay for 10 hours of their solicitors time!!!! £2500 ....I offered to pay for an hour.

So very kind of him

• Like 1