UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Give The Goss.....

Jazz

Glad you are keeping her Griff and hope it's a permanent thing!

Glory, who needs the gym when you own a Shark? did the stairs then the bedrooms on max...if dust is dead people I have a town's worth ready to be emptied and my arms are aching!  I managed to get the beast apart to put the attachment for the stairs on, and better still, put it back together again. 

Think our weather forecast is much the same as yours Owl, although they did say our rain wouldn't come until late afternoon, not that you can believe anything the Met Office says.  Spoke to my daughter in Alonissos yesterday and she's baking in the heat.  They are dog sitting for a friend who has gone back to England for a few weeks and her villa is going up for sale as she intends to move back permanently.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Suzeanna snap! I've had a Shark workout this morning too. I did the bedrooms, top and middle landings and the stairs.  I did through the downstairs yesterday so thought bollox to it today. 

It's not a bad day here. Dry at least. For now anyway.

Been to the hospital, I am not in a great way...I am having a flare up and my consultant says it's stress related. My knees are also knackered, they are really swollen and sore and actually are bigger than my thighs! I have to go and get some injections into my knees, they may or may not help but he thinks I need to try them...so I shall.

Went up to see Steve and Molly after so that cheered me up

Griff that sounds painful. Hope something can be done for your knees.

Very wet and cold here. Drove to a garden centre with gardens and arboretum and managed a walk with Wispa in between showers. Plenty of little shelters and summerhouses there to dive into  if necessary.

Jazz, best of luck with the Dr, if they don't help, can you see an optician...I think they write to your GP if necessary too and can refer you to the hospital...I think, Gooster would be the best person to ask (Jayne)

Owl, that sounds a lovely place to walk, I would be worried about what my pair would do in a place like that.

My right knee has troubled me for 29 years, really badly the last 20 but the left had always been o.kish, I have noticed them crunching going up and down stairs and when I am getting up from sitting and straightening my legs..I didn't think it was noticeable to anyone else with regard them being so big...none of my family or friends said anything but Dr d clocked it straight away

Thanks for the share on FB Suzeanna. What a gorgeous villa. Your tempted to say why would the owners want to leave a place like that but I know only too well the pull of 'home'

Sorry you're feeling poorly Griff. Your run ins with the planks next door can't be helping. Is the knee thing a separate issue or part of your illness?

Hope you get your eyes sorted tomorrow Jazz.

Sounds like a lovely walk Owl. Like Griff, I can't imagine my hooligans behaving well enough to take to a place like that though 😂

Yantan, sounds like I need to get a Shark too. But maybe not if it gets me obsessed with housework 🤣

• Haha 1

My Shark has not made me obsessed with housework. It would take a total personality transplant to do that.

The arboretum I spoke of is very quiet on weekdays through much of the year, and it is rare to see any dog offlead. I can see anyone else from a distance and keep clear, Wispa being reactive to dogs and to some men. She is actually calmer there than most other places. I keep her attached to walking belt with long line, with shorter leads with me to hook up if we come across dogs. Today we did not see anyone at all though the adjacent garden centre was fairly busy.

• Like 1

If it makes you obsessed with housework, I deffo need one! Housework is just one of those things I can't be faffed with, now Steve! Omg, he has ocd and constantly cleans..he literally can't leave a dirty cup, he has to go wash it

Suzeanna, I agree with Eve....that villa is beautiful. I have never had the urge to go and live abroad but I guess if my parents went I would have no choice... can't see me living with Steve lol

Griff would tubigrip supports help your knees? It's no wonder you're stressed with those clowns next door but try not to let them get to you. 

Eve, I gather they are coming back to England because of an ageing parent who needs them, having been recently bereaved. 

I had knee braces before but they didn't help Suzeanna...as long as I can still walk the dogs I will put up with anything.

How sad that they are having to come home because of family ties but.....I guess that's being a good child. I don't see they will have any problems selling that beautiful house.

Actually you may be surprised, it's very much a niche market out there.  Alonissos is only reached by a loooong ferry journey from Skiathos, which has the nearest airport, and in the winter bad weather can leave it cut off.  Food etc is expensive compared to a lot of places because everything has to be ferried in, if it can't be grown.  Plus, they want over £300k for the place! 

Are we really in June? I've had to put the heating back on, I was so cold.