UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Give The Goss.....

Jazz

Fingers crossed for no flooding Yantan.

Rained on and off here today but not as bad as forecast. Was quite warm too.

Agree the French have the best national anthem, I love it. Would like a better one for us too. Also can't be doing with the stupid Flower of Scotland dirge either. I'm against independance , it's causing so much bad feeling in Scotland and would be a total disaster. I don't often get political but do feel strongly about this lol

• Like 1

Eve, I hope you get some really lovely weather as it's your last time in your house isn't it?

Beyond gutted here, my dad's xjs is going tomorrow, he has had to sell it for peanuts because of that pair of tw*ts next door, if we didn't move it, chances are they would get a court order for its immediate removal. I am gutted for my dad, he spent £6000 on it in September and has had to sell it quickly at £1500, I am also upset as so much of my life is in that car, it's the last time I have to my old job, I have taken such good care of it...not going to dwell though, going to trust that better things are round the corner

what a shame. I had to sell my car cheap when I couldn't drive any more so feel your pain xx

my friend tripped over her wheelchair and has broken her leg. shes hoping to come home today, but is normally in a wheelchair. she has 13 dogs

for people who don't know (arnt you lucky) consultants are  not in the wards at the weekend, so no decisions are made. she will be very lucky if she does come home. I once had a doctor come to me on a Saturday, he only saw people definitely able to go home, to get empty beds. 

my bloody eye! so sore im having trouble opening them. putting drops in all the time to help. seeing the doctor on Thursday. he wont be happy. sugars ae supposed to be under 10. mine is 30

Griff, it does have an instruction book, just it's not terribly clear.  I vacuumed the living room floor and the hall, both of which were done quite soon before the hoover blew up and was horrified at the amount of dirt that came out! I hardly dare tackle the stairs!

So sorry about your dad's car, but honestly love if it's not bothering him (or he's acting as if it doesn't) try not to let it bother you, stress isn't good for you.  I've just put a post on my timeline that you might find applicable..

Lesson In Stress Management.

Picture yourself near a stream. Birds are softly chirping in the crisp, cool mountain air. Nothing can bother you here. No one knows this secret place. You are in total seclusion from that place called "the world". The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity. The water is clear. You can easily make out the face of the person whose head you are holding under water..

Don't think you'll have too much trouble imaging the person/people!

Hope your weather isn't too awful, Eve.  Sports presenter from France said it was chucking it down.

Did you avoid any floods in your area, Yantan? Although we did have heavy rain, it didn't cause any problems and the sun is out now.  

Jazz, I think I said before try Hyloforte for your eyes, Philip swears by it.

• Like 1

So wet and windy all day that the house feels damp and cold. I have turned the heating on for the evening. 

I normally hate those guided meditation/visualisation things Suzeanna, but like your version. Doesn't quite work for me as I cannot clearly see the face of the person who broke the fence down on the reserve and let the cattle out. Still holding him under the water though, him and his quad bike. Most of the cattle were rounded up earlier but I just had a frantic phone call to tell me the rest were munching away in a beet field next to the main road 3 miles away. Passed the info on and relevant people are bringing them in. Hopefully all are present and correct now.

Hope you can work out how to assemble the Shark. Looks a tad more complex than mine as newer version.

• Like 1

Been mixed weather here Suzeanna wet and windy, then sunny and windy, then just windy then just sunny. Now nothing much happening lol. Much the same forecast for the forseeable future. Just hope there's enough dry weather to knock the garden back into shape. The woman who's buying the house came round today and she's really lovely. One of her main reasons for buying it was because she's always loved the garden and has watched all the things I've done with it over the years. She's also into local history so is going to try and find out the story of my fallen soldier. She loves the memorial stone and will look after it for me. I feel happy leaving here knowing she's going to look after the place.

So sorry about your eyes Jazz, hope you find something to help them soon.

Aw Griff, that's such a shame. What horrible b@stards you have next door. Hope Karma comes and bites them on the bum big time xx

• Like 2