UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Give The Goss.....

Jazz

Thanks all....I will happily vent to you all lol Yantan has been great as she has been through it herself.

Jazz, pleased Merlin made it back to you, get on to the council and have a moan lol

I have never hated anyone in my life....I do now, two of them. My mum was sat at work sobbing, she doesn't ever cry, I sent her flowers.

Archives was good, we found out the cavity wall size and it's 11 inches and not 9 so we have an extra inch that means they are another inch into our property, so I may lose a bit of Garden but we are now pretty sure the porch roof is at least 3 inches in my property and yes....we will make them remove it

1 hour ago, suzeanna said:

My Hoover blew up in spectacular fashion just now, the whole house smells of burning! Can anyone recommend a good vacuum?

Shark every time for me. I love mine. I've never had such a good vacuum. Mine is reasonably lightweight but it all comes to pieces for doing the stairs which makes it super easy to carry. They are more expensive than most but, in my opinion, worth every penny. The only downside I can think of is that it has a small "reservoir" for catching the dust. As the suction is ace you have to keep an eye on it and keep emptying it but that's so easy to do anyway it's not really a problem.  Mine is corded and the cord is longer than any other I have had. It has settings for hard floors too which is very useful and a special fitting for polishing a hard floor too. I think they ought to pay me to advertise it!

• Haha 1

Hope you get your neighbours sorted out, griff. 

I often put Murphy on a long line now as he has always wanted to go off on his own investigations but he can't  hear us now if we shout or whistle  and sometimes chooses to ignore hand signals. So, unless we are in an enclosed area where he can only go so far  t is a long line.

I have had Dysons for years. They are heavy but they cope with two hairy dogs. The last one we bought was a reconditioned one as it still had the more powerful motor that you can no longer get. It also was much cheaper than a new one and works great.

We watched a good but of the D-DAY remembrance. I felt sorry for the old men struggling to lay the wreaths down. It is better  at the Cenitaph where they hand the wreaths to someone ( younger and fitter) who puts them down.

I did wonder what they would have done if it had been  the heavy rain or gales which are now forecast.

We have had a warm day after a cold, drizzly one yesterday.  It is  a few  days of winter followed by one day of summer at the moment.

It's been raining here just about non-stop since mid afternoon. Flood warnings have gone out as we are due very heavy overnight rain but the warnings do say it will likely be very localised flooding and not widespread.  Everyone gets a bit jumpy when we get lots of heavy rain giving the floods of 2009 and 2015. 

I was struck with the veterans who spoke either live at the ceremony for D-Day or recorded their reminiscences to camera . The memory of what they saw and went through visibly upset them. 

Does anyone else think the French have the best National Anthem ever? It is so rousing. There is a scene in Casablanca where some Nazi officers are singing German songs very loudly in a bar. The other patrons, French and Moroccan French start singing The Marseillaise and drown the  Nazi's out and it gets me every time.

Been raining here since lunch time too.

I agree about the French National Anthem, I think ours is dreary!

Yantan and Owl, this one is in Currys, sounds ok and has good reviews.  Is this what you meant Owl?

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/home-appliances/floorcare/vacuum-cleaners/shark-duoclean-lift-away-true-pet-nv700ukt-upright-bagless-vacuum-cleaner-grey-rose-gold-10183108-pdt.html

Suzeanna my Shark is a much older version of that one. 

Not sure about Jerusalem as a national anthem. For one thing it refers specifically to England and excludes other UK countries. For another, I am not sure that we would want Jerusalem built here. The idea is somewhat bizarre if you stop to think about it.

Torrential rain here all day. Stay safe everyone.

• Like 1