UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Give The Goss.....

Jazz

Apparantly Magic Moments was the first song I sung along to, according to my mum. As I would have been about 6 months old when it was released in the UK I doubt it, probably she sang it to me lol.

Got your new wheels yet Jazz?

Sorry about your stalker Griff. I know you can handle yourself but please be careful xx

Was actually a lovely day here today so got a lot done in the garden before the rain hit around 5ish. Lovely again now.

Saw a lot online about the D Day landings. It was all just a few miles down the coast from here. Not much in way of commemoration here today but the 8th of June which is VE day is a public holiday in France and very much respected. Don't know what the younger people think but the older ones round here are still so grateful to the British and allied forces for saving them. Don't know if I've said before but a young soldier died in our garden in 1940. There's a memorial stone in the garden in his memory and he's buried in the cemetery up the road with two of his comrades, just 20 and 21 years of age. We can't find out why they would have been in the village as there were no operations here at the time but the people here were very much part of the French Resistance so may have been something to do with that.

• Like 2

I thank each and every hero who gave their life so I may be free, and every single person who contributed to that effort no matter how small...I am free to think for myself and express my opinion freely thanks to the sacrifice of others...Eve, please touch your soldiers stone and tell him Kelly Burns appreciates his sacrifice and is thankful to him....as you may have guessed I am truly grateful and in awe of those that gave their all so I may be free XX

Owl... pleased the racoon dogs made the news...if it disuades one person who is wrong... brilliant

Crap day here... Yantan knows why, won't bore you all but I am quite surprised I am not in a prison cell

• Like 1

Yes Owl, solicitors letter, it's o.k as they will get exposed for the liars they are.... eventually

Off to the archives this morning, on the search for stuff relating to our house, I have half an hour so hope I can find whatever it is I am supposed to look for, dad's coming too 

took merlin and mouse out. merlin took me up a different path, so followed him, next thing, hes gone. grass is high, so he could be anywhere. then I see him on the normal path, going up to people so upset. they  point to me, but he cant see me. A dog walker I know walked to me, luckily he followed. Phew!

then took kevin to the field, with the zimmer on the lead, so hes used to it before I take the 3 together. hes getting better

It seems to me that Griff's next door neighbours are being very petty and mean and out to extract a pound of flesh. As I said to Griff they have been there no time at all whilst Griff's family have lived there for years. There has been no trouble until these 2 turned up and that speaks volumes. 

I hope you find what something positive in the archives Griff. 

Archie used to lose me like that Jazz in his final year or so. He'd see someone think it was me and trot off after them then finally realise it wasn't me and get in a panic. I was never far behind but I don't move fast so couldn't get to him quickly. The last few months we started not even letting him off the lead because he would just wander off and get lost in the middle of a bush or something. 

Sorry you're still having trouble Griff, good that you can vent to Yantan.

We went to the National Arboretum once, it was very moving seeing the memorials to those lost in the war. 

My Hoover blew up in spectacular fashion just now, the whole house smells of burning! Can anyone recommend a good vacuum?

I love my dyson, had it 19 years

its a huge field, so they mow paths through it. I normally go where we can see each other a way off,  but he decided to go along a path with long grass either side. hopefully lewis is picking up the new zimmer later so will bring it sunday

its awful having bad neighbours. hope they sod off