UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Give The Goss.....

Jazz

I hate extenders, much prefer a long line too. You can get some nasty injuries from extension leads. I think Sam Skwirrel found that out the hard way.

I've been for my yearly health review with the nurse. The one I usually see is on holiday so I saw the newest recruit who did my foot check a couple of months ago. All my bloods came back showing all levels within normal parameters. She was trying to get me back on statins, despite my cholesterol level being OK. I told her I'd rather take the risk of getting heart disease than go near those bloody things again. I was debilitated by them and my quality of life was greatly impaired. Fortunately my GP agrees with me and recognises statins aren't for everyone. Oh and I have lost 2.5 kilos. It's not a huge loss but better than a gain. The only downside is that my asthma isn't great and I get breathless frequently despite having the dosage for my inhalers tweaked.  

I'm watching the coverage of the D-Day commemorations. Does anyone know anyone who took part in the landings ? My grandad was ground crew in the RAF so was nowhere near.

I got a nasty burn round my ankle because some twit let his dog run round me on a long line and then he called it! I was lucky not to fall over.  I've seen people come close to losing fingers because of them.

My dad and my mother's brothers were in the war, RAF and Merchant Navy respectively, but her brothers were killed before D Day and my dad wasn't involved.  Funny to think this is all "history" but only two years before I was born. Gawd I'm old!

Jazz I think Sam had the skin taken off a finger, even possibly a degloving but it was a long while ago and  I am only going from memory

I was inputting a 2xgreat uncle's info into my tree and found myself feeling bloody old at the thought of having known him very well throughout my childhood as he was born in 1885. He died in 1974 when I was 15.  He was a very interesting chap and even found himself on a postcard sold in shops locally which named him as "Lakeland Character". 

Suzeanna my nanna had two brothers in the Merchant navy during the war and they were both killed. She was furious with my grandad as he was in a reserved occupation and was also found medically unfit for active duty but went and signed up with the only branch of the military that would take him - the RAF - anyway. He'd had years of experience in The Border "Terriers" Territorial army so they took him on as an instructor.

Marion, my mum is classed as chronic asthmatic, she developed it late in life...50's just like her mum, anyway, they couldn't sort her but she has 3 inhalers now and a tablet called montelukast ...think that's right, I can ask her what she's on if you like, maybe a change in inhalers would help?

I am one of the freaky ones...I had 2 TIA's and they put me on statins and it was honestly the best I had felt in years

I burnt my fingers on a Flexi.. supposed to be suitable for a great Dane and I had a 25kg staffy on it, she saw a hedgehog....the brake failed, I grabbed the tape and the rest is very ouchy history

Lol...I get it, different terrains require different wheels.. plus an indoor only one means you won't end up dragging anything nasty in the house

That stupid polish cow has been sat outside my house again..I went out this time and as I was getting the reg number she sped off lol. Honestly have no idea what her problem is as when I go out to confront her she goes and if I see her in town she runs off. I think I will send someone to check it's deffo her and then see what action I can take. When I mention it to Steve he just says to leave it, if she has something to say, she should just say it..not that I am interested in anything she has to say to me

Better day today. I hope the rest of you are having good weather and that's it nice in France for you Eve.

That's strange and unsettling behaviour Griff. Restraining order perhaps?

I'm home alone from tomorrow afternoon to Sunday teatime as Ruby is attending the AGM of her art society and catching up with pals from there. i have ordered a Sainsbury's home delivery for tomorrow with a load of salad so I don't have to cook much for myself. 

Is it bad that I am singing along with Magic Moments but using the alternative version?  I learned it years ago from the older ladies I worked with who were around when it first came out. And if anyone is wondering WTF I am doing listening to Perry Como I told Alexa to play some random songs!