UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May Whats Happening?

Jazz

Never had sheep as neighbours thank goodness as every dog I've had has been far too interested them, in the wrong way. Have had cows and horses though which the dogs have respected and loved. Seeing Kai, my old GSD play bow with a cow was hilarious, as was the look on the cow's face. And then Kai's face when the cow 'kissed' him lol.  No livestock where we are here but the human neighbours are nice. Friendly and helpful without being interfering.

Was quite a nice day here, warm and dry if a tad cloudy, but got loads done in the garden. Still loads more to do as well.

I would rather have sheep than the tw*ts next door...they are putting up a 1ft gravel board, 6ft  fence panel and 1ft trellis...we will let him do it, then ask planning to come check and it has to be removed to 6ft

With neighbours like that Griff, I'd have thought the higher the better! 

I remember my mother   rounding up the herd of cows that had wandered into the garden from the farm next door and my daughter and I once had to shoo a litter of piglets off our drive and back up the lane to where they belonged but no sheep problems... so far. 

Suzeanna,yes... higher the better but it's this thing of they think the laws don't apply to them...they may have to remove the windows as they did the same.... didn't check and the man at the council was very unimpressed. They think they can abuse our property and actually my parents, and I won't have it..any little thing now and they have had it, they started it and I am going to finish it

morning all

dennis just fell backwards off the sofa, so stuck every claw into my leg. ive worked out where my bruises are coming from

lewis is taking me to lunch today, and going to the carpet shop to choose lino

We went on  holiday to a static caravan which was sited on an old farm. The field next to the one the caravan was in had   three highland cows in it.

They belonged to a neighbour who had  'borrowed' the field to graze them.  

I have a lovely photo of my Dalmatian swooning with Jessica , the toffee coloured highland.  The other toffee coloured one was very timid and kept her distance but the third, a black one, did not like them fraternising and stood behind Jessica staring at them.

She would come looking for him and we used to tell him Jessica was looking for him and he would go to caravan door and look then go out to her.

When we returned  from a day out she would come running down to the fence to see him.

She totally ignored our on that side.  other dog who ignored her too.

The surprising thing is he was very reactive to anything that had 4 legs but immediately took to her.

When we moved here we put up a 6 ft stock fence and planted a hedge  along the fence  on that side, but the dallie that we had when we moved in used to wander up behind the hedge. The sheep ignored him, even grazing on the other side of the fence to him. But they flocked together and ran when they  saw Murphy- a black collie size dog. I assume it was because the crofters   use collies

Love all your tales of living near sheep and cows.

We only had a field on one side of us in our last house so there were often either sheep or cows in it. Our dining room looked out directly on this field and we had a floor to ceiling window running the full length of the wall. The cows would come and stand and look in but the sheep just got on with their business. Our cats completely ignored both sheep and cows but George loved them, the cows in particular, and would often get a kiss from a cow when he went to say hello. 

The downside to having a field full of livestock was that we got a lot of flies!

We had lovely neighbours there and one lot in particular who helped us out enormously with the cats when we were on holiday. They had George's sister, I arranged her adoption for them, and a load of Trailies that they ran at the trails. Such nice people but sadly no longer with us. 

The permanent residents here are for the most part OK, a couple are more than OK, one is horror and another couple are a bit iffy.  

Hope it's not bad news Jazz.

Nothing much happening here. Usual dog walks in the morning, garden in the afternoon. Bit cloudy at times but quite hot when the sun got through. Quite nice to have no drama or problems but means I have nothing to contribute lol. Guess I can live with mundane for a while.

• Like 1