UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May Whats Happening?

Jazz

When I worked for a local rescue we went to trap a number of cats that had been found living in underground tunnels around Sellafield. We found all of them had feline leukemia although it's different thing to the human variety. 

When I was young (early 20's) I was with a group of friends spending the day in the sand dunes on the Cumbrian coast. We had been paddling/swimming in the sea and were sitting eating our pic-nic and sunbathing when a figure appeared in a space age looking suit with a Geiger counter on a long stick. He or she just passed us by without saying anything or otherwise acknowledging us. It was just bizarre. I've spent many an hour on our Cumbrian beaches and in the dunes but never saw anyone like that again.

Apart from any possible danger from Sellafield we were one of the worst places for the fall out from Chernobyl.  To this day there are a number of farms that are still on restriction because of that.  Their animals are not allowed in the food chain.  The tourist industry don't like this talked about as you can well imagine!

Glad you got some sleep, griff. 

Posting  something  back in an unstamped envelope   won't do anything because they will not pay to  collect it.

JIm sent our one envelope  received   by writing on the outside of it - return to sender and putting it in the post box.

He  didn't  even open it as it was  marked what  it was.

Another hot day after 21 degrees yesterday so more gardening this afternoon. 

I have lots of plants to plant out but despite the  warm days our nights are still very cold so can't risk it. 

The new growth on the roses had been hit by the frost and is shrivelling up. All the  flowers on my early rhoddies were also killed. That's nature.

We've had a delivery from Sainsbury's and they have Wagg low fat dog treats that I haven't been able to get on my Tesco orders. Archie loves anything Wagg so I've been wanting to try him on them. True to form he loves these!  He needs something on his tummy after a bout of reflux and these got him eating. After a fair few treats he ate his lunch. 

It's only a smallish bag so I found 4 bags for a tenner on Amazon, ordered them and they should be here tomorrow.

Do any of you give fellow Fugees a voice in which you read their posts in your head? Or is that just me?? Anyway I have heard Griff's voice for the first time today and it wasn't anything like I had imagined so I will have to replace it now when I read her posts :laughingsmiley:

Lol...told you I was rough Yantan!!!

I never really think about people's voices and stuff

Just went to take a picture of my dad's car to show I am not blocking access...I can't as the bloke is there putting kerbstones in!! Lol

You don't sound rough at all Griff. Very girly though. 

Have you got your delivery Jazz? 

Anyone lucky enough to be on holiday here have picked the right week. It's not too busy either which makes for a much more pleasant stay.

Lol Yantan I sound awful...I didn't think I sounded that bad haha

Errrrrr don't think you will need to buy treats for a bit jazz and I hope you get an appointment quickly, how odd having to post a letter to get an appointment

Did you take a photo of him instead, griff?

There is a large scrub fire up beside us.  Yesterday morning we passed the fire car with his light flashing and when we came home there was a cloud of smoke in the distance.

At teatime we were engulfed in smoke and I had to grab my washing in. 

It is still burning today. We can se the smoke rising behind the hill opposite us.

The postie- the source of all information- said it keeps flaring up. They have had a helicopter water bombing it. 

The area is  miles and miles, as far as you can see,   of heather, scrub and peat with a few forests as well as two wind farms.