UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May Whats Happening?

Jazz

I have just called my nice neighbours and apologised for getting them mixed up in this, they are caught up in it because of the problem between next door and us

I wish I knew someone who knew about land as the original fence was put up by the developer at the time of building and is in the exact position as per the plan to deed, and my neighbours wall runs up to my porch in the exact same position as per the deed.

Black magic, when we moved here, nobody told us we couldn't park and in fact, the parking was explained to us and the way it has been working for the past nearly 50 years has been fine, nobody would have ever said anything except their builders were parking and blocking literally the whole drive. The covenant is poorly worded as their access should only run as far as their property

7 minutes ago, owl said:

Will catch up later. Off to take my trap to help someone catch a raccoon dog. I have never even met one face to face. 

From what I've read, they do not make good pets at all.  The only thing I saw of them is something I'll never forget, a man in Asia skinning them when they were still alive.  I will never get that video out of my head, watching it in floods of tears and cursing him to hell and back.

I have never heard of one Owl, I shall have a Google but hope you catch him

Oh gosh Suzeanna, I can never watch anything like that. I drive Steve nuts with you can't go in this shop... can't go in that shop because of animal cruelty

Griff, they and their builders have no more right to park and block access than you do.

It is the same as a right of way over private land. A farmer cannot block a public footpath although he owns the field it passes through.

It seems it is possible to get old covenants removed https://coodes.co.uk/blog/restrictive-covenants-updating-removing/

Black magic, their solicitor says the times their workmen were parked there were for small periods of time and had no impact on access...how they hell would they know?? They weren't even here! And a van in the middle of your drive would constitute a blockage. It's pathetic, just because we won't go along with whatever they want.

I have seen you can get covenants removed but it's costly and you need the other person's consent...this pair aren't nice people, they are threatening, fowl mouthed and just awful

Suzeanna that's so lovely. Thank you :GroupHug:

Yeah we have a right of way for a farmer over the front parking area to my family's land known to us as "the gardens". It's the only way the farmer can access one field from another (the old gardens are smack between the two) We wanted to lock the gate to stop people using the parking area for free (it backs onto a housing estate) and to stop people fly tipping, However the old farmer was dead set against it even though we said we'd put a padlock on with a rotary number thingy and he could chose the number.  He even objected to us placing a gate there even though his field at the other side has one and has a lock on it!  Anyway he came round to us having the gate when  he was moving stock and couldn't get them past the illegally parked cars, a catering trailer someone had parked there without permission and assorted fridges, baths, old beds etc. that had been fly tipped. He only uses the right of way a half dozen times a year but it has always been a bit of a bugbear. Tenants at the gardens have to be read the riot act about not blocking this right of way at the start of their tenancy. If they do and the farmer complains they are out. Land is a funny business and it's not always black and white. And just to compound it all some people can be utter dicks about it.

Thanks Marion...it will be sorted one way or the other but it's just the verbal abuse to my parents really that bothers me, once upon a time I would just have gone and kicked crap out of them but now...I am useless

im so much more frail. so distressing, but temper would take over. I have now a hammer at the door

after not being able to get through on the phone, writing to the doctors for appointments, ive just had a text to make an appointment for a follow up. I don't know what for, and really? make an appointment?