UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May Whats Happening?

Jazz

I was sitting here doing a Sainsbury's order whilst the TV was on in the background. I heard a sort of high pitched animal noise which caught my attention. I looked up at the TV and saw a couple sitting in a woodland setting with the sounds of nature all around. I put the noise down to that.

Archie was in the garden and had been out longer than usual so I looked out the window and couldn't see him. I went out to hear the same high pitched wail. Yes it was Archie. He'd gone under the bay tree, which is huge and has branches stemming out from the bottom. He'd somehow got himself in the middle of some of these lower stems and fallen over. He was in a small tight space and folded over on himself. What a job I had to get him out as I had trouble getting in there! He was a bit wobbly from laying in a funny position but soon came round. Lots of his low fat treats helped. 

I'll be getting some netting to stop him doing it again. 

That's good about Kevin Jazz, bless him.

Poor Archie. I am afraid it is a problem with elderly confused dogs. They get themselves into very silly situations and can't work out what to do next.

I sincerely hope police have sorted everything and this is the last you will hear about or from yorkie man.

Useful visit to Tia. Took my spare plants and got a big strawberry planter and some strawberry plants and a few other plants I wanted. Wispa got impatient in the car and made a lot of noise, and started all the hounds in kennels barking too. 

Jazz, make a note of everything whilst it's fresh in your mind and that way if it's not sorted, you can refer to your notes and pull them up on it

Hahaha Wispa!!!! I looked at buying one of those strawberry hanging baskets until I realised I don't actually like strawberries and the birds would most likely beat us to them

Fingers crossed that's the last you hear from odious Yorkie man, Jazz.

Aw poor Archie, hope he's ok now.

Lol @ madam Wispa Owl. How dare you keep her waiting. I love strawberries and was thinking of putting some in baskets. Noticed some growing in the ground here though that already have some flowers on so will see if they produce anything. They're on a bit where they might get trampled by dogs though will have to see if they even survive.

Oooh we had a big cordyline in our last garden Griff.  We brought it here with us but it died :(

I have taken out a subscription to Ancestry. My last one ended back in 2013 and things have changed on there since then. There is now the facility to start a family tree and recieve hints and tips from other people and suggestions from Ancestry.  Sounds good? Well yes and no. The hints that come with links to the actual records aren't always accurate but so many people are just accepting them as true without further research and adding them to their trees. 

So far I've found my 2 x great grandmother is listed on several trees as having died in 1929 in Preston. No she didn't! She remarried so her name changed. She had 3 further children and died in the town where she was born, which is the one I live in too. I have the records including birth/marriage/death certificates to back this up.  It also means that the people who had the ancestor who died in 1929 in Preston have linked themselves back to my family when they aren't actually related to us!  And this is just one example, there are many more!

So if you subscribe to Ancestry either now or in the future please don't go taking these public family trees as gospel. You need to do your own research to prove or disprove it.

Yantan...my current family are more than enough for me without me going looking for my ancestors, it's not really something that interests me, my dad likes the idea of it, my cousin's friend did a bit for her ( same grandparents on one side) and my brother did a bit on my grandad side I think, my nan did hers before she died but the records were destroyed in a fire so she go back to her family in avoca and that was the end