UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May Whats Happening?

Jazz

Can't keep up with you lot but you do make me laugh. I wanna hear Griff speak now lol.

Hope the driver enjoyed being frisked Jazz 😂

Was hot here today. Given this is the west coast of Scotland and not known for its heatwaves it was a bit of a shock that Nick came back from being out with the dog walkers with heatstroke. Poor baby spent the afternoon at the vets on a drip. Not the dog walkers' fault, they took them to a loch where it should have been cooler, and Honey and Cooper were fine, more likely Nick being his usual self and doing everythin at 100 miles an hour plus being part French bulldog and having the breathing problems they unfortunately have. He's fine now and sleeping in his crate.

Hope Nick soon recovers Eve.  Candy is a black dog who lives life at the gallop, but she does have the sense to find shade.

Griff, how handy are you with a screwdriver? Can you go out when they aren't there, take it off it's hinges and hang it the other way round? Failing that a bloody big padlock, or just a lump of concrete by the gate so it can't open!  Realised I didn't reply to your comment about my daughter's problem, yes she wanted to take it to court, but her husband wouldn't, he doesn't want trouble. (Wimp!)  Oh, forgot to say regarding their awkward neighbour, he had a big electric gate put on at the entrance to the square to foil burglars. Then he realised that meant no one could deliver Calor or coal etc, so now there is a notice by the gate giving the code to operate the gate! Only illiterate burglars need apply....

Blackmagic, I hope the fires are out now, and weren't close enough to pose any danger to you.

• Haha 1

The fire is on the moors outside the next village to us, 

A request was put out on facebook about 3pm for supplies as the welfare unit only had coffee and digestive biscuits left . The shift had been out since 3 am and were hot, tired and hungry,

Some got a shift change shortly after and now another welfare unit has arrived.

'A wildfire in the far north yesterday wiped out the power supply to locals within the vicinity and even forced the closure of a section of the North Coast 500.'

Awwww poor nick bless him

Lol...I sound dreadful honestly

Suzeanna, they have put a key lock on it so can't remove it. Mums emailed the solicitor and we hope that the insurance company will say we can continue with the current solicitor

Black magic, fingers crossed the fire is soon out

Had to laugh at the  code on the electric gate.

Poor Nick. I t is so easy for dogs to be over heated.

Murphy does like the  heat  as he is black and had a thick coat. He lies out when it is warm but heads inside when it gets too hot.

Cleo was out with me in the garden this afternoon with her ball. But she only asked for it to be thrown occasionally and when she got it she went and lay under a tree, in the shade for a while.

The fire is still burning. It started on Sunday. We have many walkers and campers/ campervans around now that  it is tourist ( 'silly' ) season so I expect they  will be  first suspects.

poor nick xxx

we haven't heard from yorkie man, give it a few days ...

seeing lewis tomorrow. text him. does he like this this and this? been winning again have you he laughed. carrier bag ready for him

• Haha 1

Jazz, you are either very lucky or you're the only one entering the raffle or whatever! 

Griff, I wonder what some strong superglue would do to gate hinges.....not that I'm suggesting anything of course.

I'm getting to boiling point re the dog over the road.  On Sunday late afternoon I heard a big dog barking, then real screaming and howling as if a dog had been grabbed by another one.  I was at the end of the garden and by the time I got to the living room window there was nothing to see, but heard yesterday from a neighbour that the GSD had been outside for once, run over the road to bark at another dog and the screaming was because it was "getting a real leathering" from it's owner.  It doesn't bark all the time now...oh, sorry, yes it probably does but he's sound proofed the outhouse it lives in.  RSPCA don't want to know, it's got shelter and presumably food and water, doesn't count that it gets no walks, no companionship and no affection. He's a dodgy bloke,  he sells cheap fags and tobacco and apparently if you want pretty much anything he can get it, but don't ask where he gets it from.  Not the sort I really want to tangle with, but that poor dog's plight is eating away at me.

• Sad 2

This is what annoys me about the RSPCA, their fall back position  of if the animal is presumed to have food and shelter they won't attend - unless it's high profile! 

Maybe a mention on social media will do the trick, especially if it gets picked up and spread.

Often the actual RSPCA officers on the ground are very good and if you know how to contact them without going through their centralised phone line they will act.

Poor dog. I know how this will eat away at you Suzeanna.