UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May Whats Happening?

Jazz

Griff, you have nothing to be ashamed of, quite the reverse.  If you had decked someone you would not be online talking to us, you would be in the nick and your family would be facing even more problems than they are already.  You are all to be commended for not letting this escalate into violence which the idiots were clearly trying to provoke. As I see it, the man had failed to get your dad to lose his cool by confronting him so was hoping that abusing you would do the trick. 

Regarding the police, they are a mixed bunch and some are better than others at assessing a situation.  Some have not got a clue.  When I called the police last night about the illegal fishermen the first officer I spoke with sounded very young. He told me that it was a council matter and had  nothing to do with the police.  I explained that all of us wardens had been briefed by the river authority enforcement officer, and it certainly was a police matter if no river bailiff was around. The river bailiffs have more powers than the police.  He then asked me to hold while he consulted another officer. Then told me that a police unit was on its way, and took the culprits' reg numbers.

Happy birthday to the wonderful Archie xx

The meeces are back. Caught and removed 2 last night and one this morning.

• Like 1

Suzeanna, just a thought with your daughter..I wonder has she got the legal cover on her insurance...she could take action and it won't cost a penny... and do the action whilst abroad lol

Owl, yes, some are better than others and I pleased the fishermen have had their number plates taken...let's hope they have the book chucked at them

Griff, hang in there. You are  having  a really stressful  time. 

You can always offload to us. 

If you had struck out you would have been on the wrong which  would not have helped your case, no matter how justified.

If I remember  right they are 'foreigners' which will make the police guarded. very easy to pull the race card.

When you see the TV programmes about bad neighbours it is eye opening how many there are. They seem to be able to defy the law, ignore the courts and get away with  making other's lives a misery. 

They do not see what they are doing as a problem and yet the recordings you  see  make it clear it is unacceptable.

A family local to where we used to live were evicted from the county by the council for the behaviour of the family. The council  eventually refused to rehouse them and somebody else got landed  with them. We never heard any more- their story was all over the  papers at the time-  so perhaps they learned their lesson.

We are lucky to have no immediate neighbours but those neighbours we do have are  very nice. There are long standing family feuds but people work round them.

Happy Birthday, Archie. Have a good  one. I am sure you will be spoilt  a wee bit more than normal.

We  have 15 degrees already.   Last  Tuesday night it was minus 6. Last night it was plus 7 degrees. 

Our cuckoo has arrived this weekend so spring is officially here, at last.

Spent yesterday clearing masses of weeds from the garden.

• Like 1

Thank you for the birthday wishes for Archie.  He went out and did a garden pawtrol and came back in to go back to bed and has been there ever since! I think he's done celebrating birthdays - just like me! 

Owl thank goodness for you and your fellow wardens who keep a weather eye on the reserve. I hate people who think they can do what they like in such places to the detriment of the wildlife and other users. We get a lot here and the refrain of "we can do what we like, it's a national park" is heard way more than you might think. We welcome the nice, respectful visitors who take only memories and leave only footprints.

happy birthday archie xxxx

cant see properly so bear with me

yorkie man is giving a statement to the police this week so hopefully they will come to me or the rescue nd get it sorted. we cant do anything till there is an incedent number

Perhaps they think a national park means it belongs to the public and do not realise that the land mainly belongs to individuals. Our issues at the reserve date from many years ago, when the land was mainly quarries being worked by Tarmac and other such companies.  When they left, the area was bought by Notts Wildlife Trust, I believe through a specific bequest, and landscaped so there were shallow lakes, paths and tracks, and areas of woodland. A few of the locals feel very strongly that it should have been left as general scrubland and not turned into a reserve, and they claim "historic fishing rights" which have no validity. 

Owl you might be interested in this place Watchtree Reserve Cumbria. I haven't been (yet!) but have heard from others that it is fab. It started out as farmland that was acquistioned during the war and made into an airfield.   Following a patch history Defra took it over in 2001 as a mass burial ground during the foot and mouth outbreak. Following that it was decided to turn it into a wildlife reserve and it is now a thriving, much loved place of peace and tranquility. 

• Like 1

I would much rather something be cared for and looked after then left to ruin and attract dumping etc

Just had a web chat with the police...got the log number, got the collar numbers of both officers and checked if the threats of violence were logged...first one said no, so I went back on and asked how to get it recorded as the lady said she would...I was then told it was recorded....hmmmmmm I suspect not

yodel is bringing the dogs treats, it says they are in transit but I cant track him. 

you lot will know. ready.....

I have my lost dogs collars on my bedpost, but I want to put them on the side displayed. I was thinking a cone, then they will all lie on different widths. know what I mean? I think some wool comes on a cone. it needs to be a foot or so high and sturdy. what do you think I can use?