UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May Whats Happening?

Jazz

Haven't heard the dog over the road for several days now.  I don't know if that's an indication that they've allowed it into the house ( I doubt it) or if they've just soundproofed the outhouse he's kept in.  I know someone whose garden is side on to theirs, so her back bedroom must overlook it, I'll have to ask her if there's any sign of a dog at all.  Having had a GSD ourselves, the thought of it being cooped up with no interaction or exercise is heart breaking.  Well, for any dog obviously but they are such an intelligent breed and it just isn't fair.

• Sad 1

I answered him to tell him the dogs are here so not breaking any conditions, so leave the rescue and driver out of it. they don't deserve all this. then he kept on, so I told him I wont be answering him. I even told him he would be taking a service dog. its in writing, so he cant deny it

hope archie is ok xxx

Edited by Jazz

Yantan, it is difficult when  you want to help them but don't know how.

We we told at Murphy's last check up that he was too thin- he had lost 2 kgms- 27-25kg. That was from the vet that ells everybody their dog is too fat. Nobody had known her to say a dog is too thin.

He has had the same food as  usual and it is weighed out each time so we have  upped it a bit.

I know old dogs don't get the  same benefit from their food.

Suzeanna, our next door had a GSD when we moved in. She was left all day from 8am to 5pm hence a lot of barking. The husband was away at sea and the wife   would go out at night leaving the dog again. She sat in a neighbour's garden one evening and commented on how she could hear  April  barking.

When the dog died of  old age they got a youngster who was left to his own devices with  no training.When they wanted him in from the garden they had to carry him  in. He was never walked and very soon was fence running and lunging at  people going in next door.They had dogs and tried to befriend  him but it didn't work. 

Eventually he got out into the  road and bit a neighbour''s child so was PTS.

Another GSD pup arrived with the same results. it was timid  and hid away if you spoke to it.   Left all day It tore down the curtain rails and dug out the walls. If lunged at the fence when ever we went out of the back door and we had to raise the 5 foot fence between us after it broke the fence. They shut he rout in the garden when they were in and ignored the constant barking until the police arrived one nigh at 11 pm after it had barked from 7 pm. They were reported to the dog warden.

After a while it disappeared but I can imagine what happened to it All we were told was they no longer had her.

Poor dogs  never asked to be kept that way.

• Sad 2

Yantan, my vet said to microwave stinky stuff such as fish to encourage eating, sometimes something warm can stimulate them

Jazz, the RSPCA have no jurisdiction and you have as do the rescue messages from him requesting the dogs be rehomed...job done

I hate dogs that are left..Molly is but she is very happy and doesn't bark or be destructive, given the opportunity Steve would cut his hours

Today's sage...the tw@ts next door have cut 3 inches off my kerbstone and fitted a fence post 3 inches into my drive...we suspect he may now have received the letter from the solicitor

• Like 1

I really hope by now that the rescue have had legal advice, I would have had a letter sent from the solicitor stating he handed the dogs over, there are several people who can testify to this and also proof via screenshots text messages etc and legally he would have to apply to readopt the dogs. I can't see what the problem is really, he handed them over, there's proof to say he asked the rescue to take them and yes there should have been a handover form signed but no crime has been committed.

Sun is shining here...fence painting for me I guess, might get my spray machine out

• Like 1

he handed them to me, not a rescue, so I don't need a surrender letter. I involved the rescue to rehome 1 or 2 of them. I told him id train one or 2 up to be my service dogs. hes just gone nuts. I hope the rspca does come here. them or the police have to stop what hes doing

the place is scrubbed, so hope someone comes to see it lol

It all sounds very complicated Jazz. I hope it sorts itself out and the dogs get to stay where they are properly looked after.

Going on a gut feeling I didn't give Archie his new medication last night and he's much better today.  He just doesn't seem to do well on oral medication. Even with his usual antacid sends him funny if he has to have more than 2 doses in a 24hr period. I will go back and see the vet and tell him and see what he thinks. 

I'd rather the little fella has some quality of life, enjoys his meals and treats and can sleep peacefully with occasional bouts of acid reflux than being debilitated but acid free. He's eating well today, has been out and done 3 or 4 garden patrols and is now fast asleep on his sofa.

Griff have you seen those 2 eejits next door at all? 

• Like 2