UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May Whats Happening?

Jazz

Glad Archie feels better. Hope the new antacid helps.

Having started yesterday with something silly, the same happened today. Must be Stupid Owl week. Went to baker's in next village to get their nice spelt rolls which only come in on Weds and Sat. Sometimes they have veggie pasties which are nice. They did and I asked for one, but foolishly did not keep my eye on the lady, who has more than once bagged up something quite different from what I asked for. Not sure if she is hard of hearing or I am indistinct. Then off to another village to get a month's supply of Wispa's raw food. On the way home I felt hungry and pulled over to eat the pasty. Had swallowed a large bite before the metallic taste hit me and I realised it was meat. Good quality ground beef so I thought I might get away with it, as it is the fat that makes me ill.

Got home and Wispa got very excited, smelling my mouth. Could not find any onion in the pasty so let her have the rest of it. Ate a bread roll with Moroccan spiced houmus to get rid of the taste, then some live yogurt hoping I can get away without being ill. 

Ooh I hope you have no Ill effects from the bite of pasty Owl.

Archie slept peacefully for a solid 4 hours before wobbling out to the garden for a wee AND he asked to go. Good boy.

Then finally, after not eating for 46 hours, he tucked into some of dog food and also had a good long drink.

He's back to sleeping peacefully all nice and relaxed.

We had a Sainsbury grocery delivery today and as they have new to us flavours in Archie's low fat food I got a few tins to tempt him with.

In other random news: We have the best display of bluebells in the garden than we've ever had before.

Poor Archie, old age brings its problems. Murphy's back legs are getting weaker but he refuses to believe it. He still runs as fast as he can- he doesn't do  walking- rather than pacing himself. He tries to jump out of the car despite me lifting him down so he wriggles  to fling  himself out of my arms. If he  jumps down his back legs just collapse under him. 

he has always been very independent and does not grow old gracefully. 

He gets unsettled in the early evening , pacing about deciding where to lie down.

8.30 -9pm he puts himself to bed and, fortunately, sleeps soundly.

Interesting that animal fat makes you ill, Owl.

One of my Dalmatians couldn't eat animal fat.  He was fed fish and rice and then Happiedog brought out a vegetarian diet.

My son's girlfriend cannot eat meat as it makes her ill - no beef, chicken, turkey etc. She loves all fish and all vegetables which is just as well. She enjoys the  fresh salmon we get here.

I hope your clear out in France goes well, Eve.

Feeling a bit bleurgh but managing so far and haven't been sick.  Been raining all day and meant to do more indoors than I have, but at least I sorted some paperwork and found something important which I had mislaid. Wispa has slept most of the day and I don't blame her. 

• Like 1

Apparently it's a formal request that they cease their recent behaviours and asks that they remove the down pipe from within our boundary

Lol Yantan, they are going to go mental, we have also requested that they make good the damage to our driveway

Glad Archie is feeling better, and that you've not reacted badly to the meat Owl.

I can just picture the Queen's face when they told her the baby's name..not quite got a royal ring to it, has it? That's what comes of marrying a Yank..oops..sorry, American.

You'll probably know soon enough when they get the letter Griff, they'll be round hammering on your door!

• Haha 1

That'll larn them Griff. 

I learned a long time ago to double check my facts and legal rights before putting my case/laying down the law to other people. It's the only sensible way to be if you don't want to be made a fool. I am a fool really but no need to prove it to others! 

• Like 1

Lol...they can hammer all they want...I will just tell them to eff off lol

Yes... exactly right, if you are going to be gobbing off you have to be certain of you being 100% right. My neighbour reckons they have sent a letter and the fact they have consulted a solicitor and think that we will be worried and go along with what they say...tw*ts..I don't do intimidated at all. My neighbour is very worried about it all kicking off...me, I say bring it on. Just seen their nephew, I have known him more years than I care to remember...he was absolutely fine with me so obviously haven't asked family advice. The problem is this section here, to pass and repass with or without vehicles from Jacquard close aforesaid over that part of the garage yard coloured green on the said plan that is not transferred to the transferee....that's the communal access to behind our houses. They don't understand that our 3 houses show that parts of the yard belong to our properties and therefore have been transferred to the transferee...us!! They sent a copy of their title which shows the yard area divided with a line running from the beginning of their garage...I suspect the document is altered as you can see faint lines that shows the driveway divided into 4 ...which is what I showed him anyway

Edited by griff

Glad you had no ill effects Owl.

Hope Archie's new meds keep him comfortable.

Aw Murphy, Mr independant. You grow old disgracefully for as long as you can you lovely old boy.

Wish I could see your neighbours' faces Griff when they get the letter. They really didn't know what they were taking on when they crossed you lol.

Been a nothing sort of day here, cold and dull. Got my eyes tested and ordered new glasses. Need a pair for driving now as well as reading. That was about as productive as I got today.