UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May Whats Happening?

Jazz

Morning

Mum and dad have just left to go to the solicitor, I have had virtually no sleep again as it's playing on my mind, think I may see if I can have a short course of sleeping tablets again, I am breaking out in cold sores again

Mum and dad have seen the solicitor! He is now an executive partner, his fee is £250 an hour but has agreed a flat fee of £235! He is livid, the downpipe has to go, the overhanging roof should be removed but mum and dad have agreed to let it stay, they can't do anything that encroaches onto our driveway...the gate opening out, he says if it continues off to court we go and then I got a call from planning about the windows...they might have to go too

I can't get an appointment to see the Dr but can see my consultant in a month

• Like 1

You should worry Jazz, my daughter will be 54 in June and my son 52 in August!

Griff, if you are having trouble siting the fence post nearest the house can you not put it about a foot away so the fence panel butts up to the downpipe?

I am 40 this year, my mate is 49 and we both said we just think of everyone as 16/18 etc... neither of us have grown up either, Steve is like a big child which suits me perfectly most of the time. Did I tell you what he bought the other day?? A bloody R2D2 robot that you control via your phone or tablet, it's usually £150 and he got it for £35 he was so chuffed with himself, just like a little boy, couldn't wait to open it and play...not sure how to put a video on here but when it threw itself of the kitchen worktop and squealed is the funniest thing I have seen in ages

• Haha 1

Sending good wishes for Jim and hope he has a positive outcome with the retina treatment.

May already! Archie turns 16 on the 13th, fingers crossed and I turn 60. It seems just like a couple of months ago I was 23. I don't know where the time has gone.

Archie had had about 3 wees and a poop last night but fortunately didn't go walkabout when he was pooping so it was in one place and he didn't stand in it. Apologies if you are eating! 

No I don't share a birthday with Archie Griff but George and I did! He would have been 21 this year.  He left for The Bridge just after he turned 13. Archie is the oldest I've ever had a dog get too. It's been no time at all since we brought him home from the rescue at 8 weeks old. 

It's not a very nice day here, grey skies and drizzle. The bank holiday weekend forecast isn't very good either. When we get good weather it makes the town less busy as the tourists are out in the countryside and up the fells enjoying themselves. When it rains they crowd into town.  And tempers grow short.

The neighbour saga continues, my neighbour came home, stuff on her drive, she asked them to move the stuff as she was going back out shortly, they said oh it will only be there a minute and as she was walking off they said it's by the wall, if she reverses that close she will hit the wall.... it's her property and they shouldn't be using it. My dad has been out as they have removed a fence post that belongs to him and took part of his garden...the guy said I don't know what's gone on but I am just following the line I was told. Apparently he came in and he was shaking

We are home. All is well with JIm's eye and he has enough sight to drive now so he drove home. Getting up at 5.30 and driving 109 miles, then hunting for a parking spot  I am tired. After cruising round the triple parked car parked we were lucky  that a lady came back to er car and we got her spot but it was a very tight manouvre so JIm had to park the car.

When went there two weeks ago, at  the same time in the morning,  the car park was more than half empty and we had our choice of parking places.  Maybe the school holidays made it quieter.

There is a big problem with people parking at th hospital , as it free, and getting the bus down the town to go shopping or to work. They have to pay for parking down the to wn

A quiet night now, I hope.

Having sheep for neighbours has its advantages. There seem to be a lot of people around who think they are entitled to do what they want.

We have a week of 22 degrees but today is dull and warm. Cold weather is forecast for Friday and the weekend.

• Like 1

I liked having sheep for neighbours.  Sometimes I had to extract them from fences where they had stuck their heads and not had the sense to reverse out, or heave them upright if they got stuck on their backs, but mainly they were fine.

Current neighbours are great. We do not live in each others' pockets but help each other out in practical ways.