UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Adventures

owl

We've rented the smallest storage locker and it's the size of a small shed so we can put more in than we planned :bigsmiley: The staff were very friendly and helpful and it turns out that I used to work for the owner many years ago!

A full car load of junk has gone to the tip. One woman's rubbish is another man's gold. Someone grabbed my ancient metal detector :laughingsmiley:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just had Steve to the he drs.... just found out he has had Hodgkin disease and had a relapse...3 years I have known him but he never said a thing ...he said he didn't remember and I just don't understand how anyone could care so little about themselves

• Confused 1

Hope the solicitor can help your parents, Griff.

I am dealing with a missing pup. Owners came from abroad, adopted it and had to go back home. They just put it on Doglost and are not communicating at present. I may get hold of dog before I get hold of owners. Luckily it is a terrier pup, looks like yorkie cross, so not too hard to accommodate somewhere. In emergency Wispa might tolerate it here as she likes pups and loves yorkies.

• Sad 1

I'd never heard of the belly band thing. Doubt Honey would tolerate it and she's not actually incontinent. Just never seems to need to go when the boys do last wees but does in the early hours of the morning and won't wake us up to tell us so wees in the hall. Luckily it's tiled and easily mopped up.

Bloody hell Griff, that must have been a shock to find out about Steve. But I do understand how he could have 'forgotten' to tell you. It's easier to go into denial than deal with it, especially if you live alone. At least he's letting you know now so maybe he's reaching out for help?

Good luck with the pup Owl. Hope he's found soon. Sounds a bit of a strange story but I expect you've dealt with even stranger.

Good news on the storage locker Yantan and the dispersing of 'stuff'.

Wet here today and probably the same for the next few days. Not been cold here though.

I think the belly bands are just for boy dogs Eve, girl dogs have to have the pants.

The Dr printed out some medical history for him to take to work as he needs it to support his request for adjustment in working, we were in the chemist and he gave me the paperwork to hold so I read it...that's when I saw it and I said " hell you had cancer more than once...why didn't you tell me?" He said he didn't know what it was, it's clearly there in black and white and his name is incredibly unusual so couldn't be a mix up, he just said that he doesn't really care what happens to him, that upset me, he just asked again that I take care of Molly

Trust me to get the bands/pants thing wrong 😂 . It's not every night with Honey so not a huge problem and we'll just manage it as it happens.

Sounds like Steve maybe has depression? Though not everyone has it in them to fight every battle thrown at them like you do.Sounds like he needs some of your spirit.

Yes Eve, Steve does suffer with depression, I know when he is slipping and I make sure I get to see him once a week at least and if he is off and down I take him out...he never wants to go but he has to to shut me up lol.

Honestly when he first started telling me what had happened in his life I thought nobody could be that awful to a child but it's all true, I suspect there's more to it than being beaten and the mental cruelty as he told me there's things that have happened to him that he would never tell anyone. I try to help him as much as I can but I was really lucky as a kid..I had my mum, dad, and my nan and grandad so I don't really understand how he could be treated the way he was... I am hoping he is finally realising that I am not going anywhere, if I was going to leave his life, I would have done it with the whole Magdalena debacle

• Like 1

It is Eve, he always says he's not bothered but he is and I know he is, to begin with I thought he used his childhood as an excuse but the more he told me about it .. there's no way you would get out of that without lasting mental damage

It's been really really bad here overnight, the wind and rain is awful and there was a huge bang at about 4 am next door, I haven't looked to see what it is as I don't care lol