UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Adventures

owl

Factor 30 and sun hat here. Silver hair does not offer much scalp protection. Staying around home doing ;laundry and odd jobs until it gets cooler, then off to the reserve. We had an excellent late walk yesterday near Epworth along the river Torne. 

I like Superdrug stuff, have used their moisturiser for ages.

Thank you ladies. I have a Superdrug online account, I shall add the moisturiser and sun spray to my list next time I order :thumbsup_still:

I've been in to see next door's new kitchen and it is gorgeous I have to say.  What an improvement! I've tried to help her with her dishwasher, she's never had one before, but it's way more technical than ours. I got it to go but will need to study the destructions further before I can give instruction on it. 

They are funny Jazz.

The only really little dog I knew personally was a neighbour's at our last house. She had this tiny Yorkie, Pippa. She was such a funny lil thing. Occasionally we would meet them on the way back from our walk and if George was carrying a stick Pippa had to get one too. The only thing was that she was so small that her stick would be a twig. Her little legs would be going 10 the dozen beside George, who rarely moved fast, proudly carrying her stick beside her big buddy.  If we met another dog along the way she would growl at them if they dared to go near her "stick" and if they didn't back off she'd drop the stick to give them a bloody good telling off whilst making sure she stayed very close to George.  I don't think George knew what the heck Pippa was but he was always very kind with her.  

• Like 1

that's a yorkie! I have 3 here, all 5kg, but massive personalities

katie is on my knee, cradled like a baby. if I type for too long, she smacks me round the mouth. if she wants something, she will puff herself up and give me the death stare

dennis has to be touching me all the time, in merlins spot. merlin tells me straight to shift him

I don't get any of this from mouse the pug or hugo the bichon

• Haha 1

morning all

just won a dog bed. I have 10 piled up for the rescue, 2 are new. add another to the pile... or might put it down for these

might hear today whats happening with dennis, subtitles, ill be onto the rescue till they tell me lol

have a lovely safe day xxx

It's overcast here, I love the hot weather, I look much healthier with a bit of Colour.

Lads coming about the fence today, getting the last bit done in the garden and now having one in the front because of next door, I did the garden yesterday and it turns out because of their drainpipe I have lost about 1/2 ft of Garden...we need to get a surveyor out to get them to shift it...we are certain it's in our property and the new fence is to stop them climbing over their fence into my garden and prevent them doing anything else

I know just how you feel Griff. Next door (the one with all the lodgers) seems to think just because her gable end runs alongside our garden that she can come onto our property any time she likes - and she can't. Unless it is an emergency she needs to ask permission first. We can't actually refuse to allow the owners (which isn't her) or tradespeople employed by the owners to come in to access but they have to give notice of their intention and arrange a time that is suitable to us. We don't have a problem with the owners, a local church group, but she is just so aggravating and seems not to "get it" when the law is explained to her, multiple times by many people.

It feels muggy here though the temps have fallen from around 22C over the weekend to 18C now.

I didn't know that Yantan...these tw@ts walk onto my garden as they please and I woke up one morning to ladders outside my bedroom window and as I had just decorated no curtains and a nekkid me! I had to crawl out of my bedroom

Just had a dash to the vets, was walking deags, she screamed and I thought she had cut herself, I saw her coming back to me dragging her leg behind her...she kept collapsing onto her right side...I called home to call the vets...I am thought she had broken it, carried her across the he field and rushed her to the vet who saw her immediately... it's not broken but she has subluxing patellas which is why she couldn't move her leg