UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Adventures

owl

Cracking day here weather wise but it will be heaving before too long. I wouldn't want to be sitting in long queues of traffic and then circling car parks and side streets looking for parking and then having to queue to get into cafes, pubs and attractions, especially on a day like today.

My daughter and her husband are talking about going to the Lake District on Monday..hmm..  I'll tell them to bear what you say in mind, Yantan!

Lovely day here, going to meet them for a drink at the Travellers, just hope we can get in..bet it's going to be very busy.

• Like 1

Perhaps a solicitor's  letter to cease and desist needed Griff? That or a smack in the gob.

I don't know why tourists think it's acceptable to come here and sit in the garden of their rented holiday house and make a load of noise. No one else on the street is doing it, certainly none of the permanent residents do it so if you want to act like a bunch of chavs stop at home! No wonder we all get fed up with tourists. All we ask is a bit of respect and an acknowledgement that the people live here full time and we all cherish the peace and quiet! 

More attic clearing has been done. We can't do any more until we rent a storage unit to put the stuff in we are keeping. It's now all in the hall and dining room. We have got rid of all the old cardboard boxes and put stuff into nice clean plastic storage boxes with lids on. 

• Like 1

It's £500 for a letter from the solicitor Marion and we have already paid once. 

I fully agree, it strikes me as people just think we don't live here s*d it my mums friend has a few issues with neighbours and bbq's and colourful language at volume...no need really

• Like 1

It's not just the tourists though, is it? Various people round here park up outside mates houses with their car radios on full..bad luck anyone with babies, or people on night shift trying to sleep...and then there's the DIY crew who hammer, drill, saw and generally make a diabolical noise for hours..and hours...!  Not to mention the dear little kiddywinks who scream and cry and kick footballs over the hedge.  (You may have noticed, people in general get on my nerves!)

We sat on one of the benches outside the pub today, well, it's outside and over the road.  Feel sorry for the girls having to carry trays of food over and trying not to run over in the process! Fabulous views though, right over the valley. I think I've got a bit sunburned, but nothing drastic.  My poor daughter..born with eczema which plagued her for her childhood and teens, and now she's got rosacea which is made worse in the sun.  Where are they going in May? Oh yes..Greece.  Oops!

my son had treatment on his skin as a teenager, so cant go in the sun. he plasters himself in suncream

I don't go in the sun at all. I burn instantly

oreo is going to a foster tomorrow. dennis is stopping here till his new home is ready. hes so bonded to me, hes like a Velcro dog

Up to 24 in warmest part of garden today. Wispa slept in shade and I did various jobs indoors and some washing. Only left house to collect something from a few streets away. It does me the world of good to have a day completely at home. You can get away with that, with an old dog. 

• Like 1

Suzeanna it's those sort of people who go away on holiday and make all the noise! Some people have no self awareness and/or don't have any consideration.

I have psoriasis which is normally helped by a session in the sun but that's not the case with the form of psoriasis that I have. The sun makes it worse. My case got written up in a dermatologist journal!

I hope you are all having a lovely long Easter weekend and enjoying the good weather 👍

Yantan, mum has psoriasis, she was 90% covered at one point and the puva treatment did nothing for her either, she is on a drug now which is actually for diabetes I believe but they found in psoriasis patients their skin cleared, she has had to reduce the dose as the side effects aren't nice but she is virtually clear now...if ever you want to see what she's on or see if she has had something ointment wise you haven't, ask away as I am sure she will be happy to help

Edited by griff