UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March spring time!

Jazz

Lol Eve... sounds like my house, half the time it looks like a bomb has gone off

Jazz, is there a limit to the number of dog they allow?? I only ask as our housing association stated 2 but that's now one and in certain tenants cases...none. if there's not a number stated then no rules have been broken, and as I say, they can't just boot you out, people here have being trying to get a fella kicked out for weeing a pooing in the stairwells and that's been going on for years! There's all sorts of procedures to go through so please try not to stress...if push comes to shove, ask citizens advice to help you.

Well I've had quite a morning. Some good friends are layed up due to ill health. In fact one of them got carted to hospital after collapsing in Marks and Spencers food hall tuther day. So obviously they didn't get their food and neither is fit to drive so they recalled me saying if ever they needed a Tesco delivery I'd sort if for them. They live on one of those retirement parks and, though they loved it at first, people have moved on and they are now the only original residents left. Unlike the early days no one helps anyone any more and some of them are downright unfriendly. 

They called me and were really apologetic about asking me to order them a Tesco shop. I told them it was no trouble, all it took was me sitting here on my laptop so I wasn't putting myself out.

However, everything that could go wrong went wrong. Despite having used Tesco home shopping since it started here in 2001, and having orders sent to all the many holiday homes we've rented up and down the country, it kept changing back to my address.  After much wrestling I had to delete my address and put theirs in as mine. I also had to delete the first order and place another.

Then it wouldn't accept their card details without another level of security that I couldn't access. In the end I just paid for it and they will send me a cheque. I've been on with it since 9.30am and only finally succeeded after mid-day. My  ownTesco order usually is done in 25 minutes! 

I just hope it all turns up OK tomorrow!

Of course I didn't let on how fraught it all was and really I had nothing else pressing to do today so it wasn't really a problem. And as I said to them "this is what friends are for".

Jazz have you made a list of those things you want to tell that person coming to see you? If not it might be an idea because its so easy to forget things, especially when you get under stress. Good luck with it. 

Poor Archie has an awful case of acid reflux. He's just gone the longest acid free period he's had in a long time too. Poor little fella. 

Awwwww Yantan...what a kind thing to do, I am sure they really appreciate it.

Bless little Archie, hope he settles down quickly

Well we went to the market, I had an argument with Steve...he bought gold Nike air trainers, the guy selling is adamant they are genuine...£200 trainers for £40...nah, plus they are GOLD, when he dropped me back after Chris left us, I said he would regret it in 2weeks and he said yes...but he gets his silly head on. We got a new clock for the kitchen... should of been £50 but paid £6 and it's lovely... brand new too. There was a stall doing canvasses and we asked how much...same style as Steve has £25 each...I paid £20 for 4!!!

Got the dogs 2 new beds, £15 for 2 to go in their crates, got home...turns out they are leather and really good quality!! Very pleased

I wish we had markets round here like that one Griff. There is a big one just outside Penrith but it's usually just cheap tat with a few better stocked stalls nestling amongst the crap.

The one here in town is now mainly foodstuffs, most of them very good quality so not cheap.

To be fair Yantan... that's what Wellesbourne is like..knock off clothes and trainers, and a few decent stalls, I have been a couple of times and bought nothing. There's no point me buying fake trainers as my feet are a 5 - 5 1/2 so genuine trainers are cheap enough, they don't have stalls selling pretty dresses either so not really much for me.

Couldn't believe Chris though, he wanted food so we went to get something, there's a stall sells all sorts, breakfasts, burgers etc but also do vegan...so Steve said we would go there but Chris decided he was having pork and stuffing batch....£5!!! So I asked Steve what he wanted and he said I thought we were going to the vegan place? I said pointless as we had to wait for Chris to eat so he may as well have the same....so I was getting a coffee so got my money out for mine and Steve's and Chris said " oh...you are paying for us!" I just looked at Steve, Steve said no... you pay for yourself Chris. He has a job..I don't and as if I would pick up  an £18 bill for poxy batches and pop and coffee... cheeky sod

Edited by griff

When I complain about prices, like 5 quid for a pork roll Ruby tells me I need to get out more. Actually the hog roast rolls on our market are £6.50 but they are bloody lush.  

Archie is feeling a bit better, enough to have had a long nap. He's been up again, had a wee in the garden and has just settled down again to sleep. I will know when he's fully recovered when he finally eats something.

I am on Wiltshire Farm food meals whilst Ruby is away as I seldom can be bothered to cook for myself. I've had them before. They are OK but nothing to rave about, I think it's because I don't generally like frozen veg.

I was really annoyed Yantan as cover market, Matt does a pork stuffing, gravy and applesauce batch £2, baguette £2.40. his cold batches are only £1.30. Steve said, why didn't I get cheesy chips... frozen chips, small portion and £3.75!!! I don't think so

Not sure if you have ever tried them, but Steve got a Tesco own hot pot and toad in the hole meal and they were apparently lovely, you can get those little bags of steam veg too. As I am veggie / vegan I basically live on sandwiches, I don't see the point in making meals for myself

Aw hello little Katie, you are beautiful xx

In Eastbourne and my ears are bleeding due to my sisters incessant chatter. She has gone to bed now so I've got peace for the time being lol. I do love her really, just she talks non stop. Day out with rest of the family tomorrow so hopefully that'll be fun.

Hope Archie is feeling better Yantan.

All you lot moaning about what you can buy and what you pay for it should live in a place where no supermarket delivers, there are no markets (dodgy or otherwise), no big chains (food, clothes or anything really) lol. And a lot of other companies won't deliver here either as they deem us Highlands and Islands, even though we're neither. But at least Zooplus do so the dogs are happy. I am too really, though I expect we'll move to a more convenient location sometime in the future.

Have a lovely rest of the weekend everyone xx