UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March spring time!

Jazz

Agree with you about Culloden Yantan, it's the most atmospheric place I've ever been to.

Haven't been to Rannoch Moor yet but it's less than 2 hours drive from me so we might give it a go this year. Though Richard's lack of mobility hinders what we can actually do, walking wise, so we'll see.

Keeping everything crossed for Katie Jazz. I know every op is a risk but when we first got 15 year old Maisie a few years back she had to have most of her teeth out but that feisty old lady went on to rule the roost in our house for a few years after that

• Like 1

I definitely believe there are memories of events somehow imbued in the fabric of either a place or a building.  After my father died and my mum moved in with her friend, there was one room in that house that was cold, no matter the temperature of the rest of the house.  Her dogs wouldn't go in it and she didn't use it, only as a junk room.  She didn't find out until she'd bought the house with her husband that the two owners before them had both died in unexpected ways, and the night that they moved in her husband took an accidental overdose of sleeping pills and died.  Very spooky!

I cant get the radio on the laptop, so have got the cd player out. got on the soundtrack to 'we will rock you'. I knew the cast. I took mother. when they did the encore, they all came to the front and said 'hello mum' to her. she curled up with joy. we met them at the stage door. they all gave her a cuddle. she talked about that till the day she died, so crying and singing top pitch.

this is when I remember I gave most of my CDs and DVDs away. ….

• Like 1

16 hours ago, owl said:

Yantan, who was your Naseby ancestor and did he survive?

I muddled my battles up Owl and it wasn't Naseby but Marston Moor. My many times over great uncle, John Lambert, fought there on the side of the Parliamentarians.  He survived the Civil War but at the Restoration he was arrested as a traitor and died in gaol a few years later. 

Thereafter the family fortunes were whittled away until a hundred years or so later they were humble straw hat makers one of whom,  Mary Lambert, crossed the border from Yorkshire to Cumberland and met and married  my 5 or 6 x great grandfather.  

14 minutes ago, Jazz said:

shes in the vets. they are all lovely, so will look after her

psssssss

I left hugo in the living room with the other 2. I cant see any damage or wee

Good news about Hugo.

Could Luna have been having an unsettling effect on him ? Her stress  may have been  stressing him.