UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March spring time!

Jazz

14 hours ago, owl said:

I did the Bishops Rock lighthouse mail trip on my first trip, and likewise the mail had to be delivered that way as choppy.

this is the last thing I can see, but its telling me there are more replys. is there any?

Blooming knackered!! Met Steve for his break,he only had 40mins so I go to the cafe, get a table and when he gets off his bus he calls me and I put his order in. Left there and he needed lights for under the cabinet so got those, got a couple of bits and came home...started to prepare the dinner and I had checked we had peppers, pulled the bag out when I got back and they were rotten....so had to go back to the flipping shops!! Came home, took the dogs and that's it...I refuse to move, I am in agony.

Transported 2 cats to their new home, one I'd homechecked last week. I don't really know much about cats but this seemed like a really good home, they've always had cats and were really geared up for the new arrivals. The looked at home right away so fingers crossed they've settled. I'm happy to help the rescue in anyway I can but dunno why I get asked to do cats when I've no experience with them. Luckily the few I've done have worked out.

Best of luck Nick

To be honest Eve, as long as you feed and water a cat,it will let you know what else it wants ..if anything. My first cat Friday was a big Tom...I was 3 and he tolerated me...he just wanted something to eat, somewhere to sleep and to be allowed to hunt. Dex....hmmmm, he started off as a lap cat, once his paws were under the table he did his own thing, I have discovered I don't have a bed, nor do the dogs....they are his lol, he eats the dogs food...they just move, he nicks my food and he will allow me to cuddle him on occasion....he will then batter you when he has had enough lol.....love him to bits though and at 21 I think he can do as he pleases.

Owl, hope you feel a bit better tomorrow... it's easy to get carried away, I have done it today and had to mix beer and painkillers to get some relief

so, outside at 7.45 with nick, waving at every vehicle that comes near. put nick in the kitchen with his lead on, stand at the back door for an hour to see anything coming in. get onto the rescue. he hasn't left Gatwick yet! hes just rung, he will be here in about an hour. so we have all come in to warm up. hes driving all the way to Edinburgh. so he 'should' be going about 10.30

Hope he turns up soon Jazz!

Griff, I know you obviously enjoy doing things for your parents and Steve, you need to be needed but for your own sake, knock it off a bit! Their world won't stop turning if they have to make their own meals and do their own shopping but I bet it would certainly jolt off course if you die because you are doing too much and not listening to your own body.  Sorry if I come across preachy but speaking from my own experience, trying to do things when you know it's a struggle only ends up with days when getting out of bed is a battle.  For a few days at least put yourself first.  If Steve gets snotty because you aren't there to run around him he's not worth calling a friend, I bet he'd be horrified if he realised how bad you are feeling (well, hopefully he would.)

• Like 1

I hope you are resting today Owl or at least taking things easy.

Hope Nick get's away OK Jazz

It's a grey overcast day here and a la'al bit breezy.

For a change we have at least one nice lodger staying next door. She is from Spain and stops to speak to Archie anytime he is out in the garden and to me if I am about. She loves animals. Such a change from the surly eastern Europeans that the next door neighbour usually takes in. There are still some there and the Spanish girl says she finds them odd. After trying to be friendly with them she gave up and just keeps out of the way whenever possible. 

I agree with Suzeanna Griff. You need to put yourself first some of the time girl!