UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March spring time!

Jazz

Pleased for you Snow, and good luck for the 26th. I can only imagine how annoying it is not being able to see properly.

Well done on the clear out Jazz. Must have a sort out of my kitchen cupboards. Not that much will be out of date as I don't buy in bulk but they need a good clean.

We're all having a sofa day here. It's been snowing all last night and this morning but hasn't been cold enough for it to settle so it's all slushy out on the pavements. Dogs just had short walks - their choice, not mine - but are all snoring their heads off now.

Hope your man finds out what's causing the hole Jazz and it's easily fixed.

The starlings are back in the garden on the feeders. Don't know where they've been the last couple of months but I don't think the sparrows and bluetits are too chuffed at having to share the fatballs and peanuts again lol.

the reason I have to pay someone to do this now, is because im in too much pain after and always hurt myself. so I joined in pulling up the floor and moving furniture, so in pain now and hurt myself.  ill put everything back in the cupboard tomorrow

ooooo yes! when the builder ripped out the big cupboard that's in all these bungalows, he filled in the ceiling but not the floor. so the hole is in an l shape. my builder friend knows what hes doing so very annoyed with him

Is it fixed now Jazz? Hope you haven't been left with a hole in the floor and no laminate. So pleased Katie has made herself at home so quickly

Been absolutely lovely here today, warm and sunny - yesterday we had snow most of the day, weather is totally nuts. Plants are really confused and I have tulips in bloom already.

Hope everyone has had a lovely Sunday. Apart from dog walks and visiting my Dad, I've done very little, which was actually nice. We've got a sun porch  so sat in there with the dogs lazing the afternoon away 😀

We had a nice day here though very breezy, with just a shower at midday. I did get out to the reserve and Wispa had a good run offlead. Took a flask with me instead of dropping into the visitor centre for tea, as am trying to keep bugs to myself, and not fit for decent company. Still coughing, sneezing, eyes streaming, all worse indoors. It had better improve by Tuesday as we have a big meeting of wardens and there are subjects I need to talk about. 

It's still wet and glum looking here.  

That's a sensible thing to do Owl. I wish others would do the same instead of spreading germs about. If you are no better for the meeting perhaps you could wear a mask or send your concerns in writing.

I am somewhat better today and think I will be OK for the meeting as long as I have a glass of water to hand. Two of the things I need to talk about could be dealt with on my behalf by the chair of the meeting who is very competent, but the third will be something no one wants to address so I would not ask anyone else to bring it up in a meeting. In this case it is not the elephant in the room but the squillions of mink on the reserve. There have always been a few but now there has been a population explosion.  

That's something I can't understand, the animal activists who released mink with no thought of what they would do to the native wildlife.  If these people are so worried about the wellbeing of animals how about doing something about all the puppy farms?  Glad you are feeling better Owl but don't overdo things or it'll be back to square one!