UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March spring time!

Jazz

That's nice Griff taking Chris with you and Steve. 

I'm with you on the statins Suzeanna. I was on them for a while and I could hardly move because of them and suffered from very painful joints. The nurse wasn't very pleased with me when I told her I was off them but my doctor was fully behind my decision.

Archie's treats aren't due until between 3 and 4 pm.  Fortunatel he still have a few left to keep him going till then. He eats them all day long and now at his age and condition we just let him have them. They make him happy. 

Yantan...we are the same with Dex, he is 21 so I doubt he will be here much longer so if he wants some cheese or kitty treats or crisps....he has them

Chris is a nice lad, I say lad lol...he's 34 I think. He is very very shy but since knowing Steve he has come out of his shell a little bit, he has a few good friends who are bus drivers but some can be really nasty, they say to Steve " I don't know why you spend time with that retard and let him come round with you" Steve points out he isn't a retard... and is no bother and how would they feel if their child had problems and people behaved like that with them? First time I hear anyone say anything nasty like that I will deck them! For all Steve's faults he is very good with people who have difficulties, he wanted to work with disabled people but they said he needs 2 years experience....he would be really good at that

I hate that sort of language Griff, if they said such things about someone in front of me they'd know about it!

I pressed the button by accident on my last post and hadn't proof read it, hence the mistakes. Sorry.

Back to raining here - again. Just for a change.

Oooooh I forgot to tell you about Ruby's train trip home last week.

She'd been on a course with a colleague and they had booked and reserved 1st class seats. When they got on two business men were occupying their seats. The guard was in the carriage and heard Ruby say  "excuse me but you are in our reserved seats" , the 2 chaps were rather grumpy, the guard intervened and pointed Ruby and her colleague to 2 empty seats elsewhere in the carriage but they weren't together and facing the other direction. 

Before anyone else could say anything a voice piped up "Well I think you gentlemen should move to those other seats, after all these 2 ladies have reserved those and it's awfully rude and ungentlemanly of you both to remain sitting there".

One of the chaps got up then and didn't make a fuss but the other one was very grumpy about it but vacated the seat nonetheless.  The girls got their seats and they then got in conversation with the chap who spoke up for them. It was Christopher Biggins. He chatted away to them and was really lovely Ruby said. They were sorry when he got off about 15 minutes after that, he had an engagement and was all dressed up in a dinner suit and bow tie. 

How kind of him to help them out.

Spinone still on the run, was beetling about in the village last night and this morning crossed the main road and went into wood. We only knew because a local lady had parked up in layby and saw her, so rang her sister who looked on local missing pets group and found my post there. This dog is going to be a nightmare. I have bought a 24 ft lunging like from equine stores for the litter brother who is going back to help, so she can approach him without getting close to his human.

Last spinone I went after took a week to catch and we tracked the little sod for 24 miles over 3 days in a big circle. That was 9 years ago. We couldn't manage that now.

Edited by owl

Suzeanna, it's the most frustrating thing ever....I turned up Friday for his birthday, he knew I was going but the kitchen was such a mess with dust he couldn't stop cleaning, I saw him for about 2 minutes when I got there and then he sat down when I came back with the takeaway and then I left, he has apologised a few times for it but if he annoys me, I mess with his coasters, and push his rug out of alignment lol

That looks good Griff, worth the upheaval. Fingers crossed all the other work gets completed quickly. Is Steve pleased with it?

Everything crossed the spinone is reunited with his family soon.

Started writing this reply about 3 hours ago then got interrupted and only just got back on here. Forgotten all I was going to say lol.

Been wet and miserable all day today. No dogs were tortured by dragging them out in such horrible conditions. OK, they flat out refused to go over the doorstep. They did amuse themselves by trashing all the bedrooms though so have had a lot of fun and exercise.

I have OCD too, though quite mild I guess. Everything on walls, shelves, mantelpiece etc has to be symmetrical in layout. And washing has to be hung out on the line in a particular way - I can spend ages moving it around till I've got it 'just 'right'. I do laugh at myself though  and it doesn't rule my life, well ok maybe just a bit lol.

• Like 1

Eve, yes he is pleased but he wants an extractor hood... found a nice one for £60...but then they added £14 delivery and it needs filters too

My pair aren't fans of the rain either..... happy to jump in a muddy puddle though