UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March spring time!

Jazz

morning all

poor nick. he had weed in the night. he was lay next to me when I woke up but as soon as I got out of bed he was crouched in the corner shaking. I didn't see the wee straight away, but he was terrified. ive found the wee, cleaned it up. I left him there till he calmed down and come to me himself.

they have had chicken for breakfast. ive got him to eat some kibble, so that's good

Aw, poor wee soul, he's lovely Jazz. I'm sure he'll relax more the longer he stays with you and gets to realise nothing bad is going to happen. How is he with the other dogs?

Does it bother Steve his family don't send birthday cards, Griff? Maybe if it's always been that way he's used to it and doesn't expect anything.

I'm here - sorry to have gone all quiet again I was so anxious over my DVLA eye sight test for my driving licence I wasn't in a chatty mood and spent most of the time trying to find potential working from home jobs or weird and wonderful ways to try and earn an income online if I ended up losing my licence, in between trying to figure out what cuts we could make to our out goings etc. However thats no longer needed because I have passed the field vision and distance eye tests and have been given a 3 year medical licence! 😁  Told work they are stuck with me after all barring a lottery win lol 

I honestly can't tell you what a huge relief it is I was utterly convinced I'd failed the tests - I still have to have the Yag Laser on 26th March but that primarily is to sort out my close up vision and 2 weeks after that I can go and get new prescription glasses so all being well in 6 weeks or so I'll have even better vision. Just happy that I am legally safe to drive and can now resume driving again. 

• Like 2

It isn't half throwing it down here. We are in the grip of Storm Stella. Ruby went down town to get her haircut at 2pm and the market traders were all packing up. The rain coupled with the wind was making things most unpleasant for them and there were very few people out anyway.

Think it's storm Freya Yantan. We've got it wet and windy here but don't think we're getting the full storm.

Lovely pics Jazz. They look like they're enjoying themselves.

Really pleased you passed the eye test Snow and your vision is going to improve. That must have been really worrying for you, thinking you might have to give up driving and your job.

It was terrifying Eve if someone came along and said you can quit work tomorrow and don't have to worry about paying the mortgage trust me I'd jump at the chance - in fact I'd move so fast I'd be a blur lol but we can't afford for me to retire for at least another 4 years. My job contract doesn't require me to be a car driver but it does require me to be an independent traveler which would be pretty much impossible due to the combination of my restricted mobility and the huge area I have to cover a great deal of which is rural with limited or indirect public transport links. Thankfully I don't have to worry about that now :) 

• Like 1

it was hard when I stopped driving 5 years ago. cant just pop somewhere, need someone to take me, but in all, because I wasn't working, the scooter gets me to the main places, lewis takes me the rest

I put a thick dog bed down last night. wasn't able to when luna was here, hoping hugo wont wee on it. nick loves it and is so relaxed. he has discovered the hooves, so that will clean his teeth