UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March spring time!

Jazz

Morning all

Today is Steve's birthday, he has had to work but will be finished soon, I am going up later and have said we will do whatever he wants to celebrate, I have offered to take him out for a meal but he has to work tomorrow so will most likely be a takeaway of his choice

Re: dash cams. Some have night vision so will record in the dark.

Either this month or possibly in April the Air Ambulance ER tv series will feature a really awful accident that happened in Workington. The young lad, who was a passenger in a speeding car, was impaled by a fence post after the driver lost control. The surgeons didn't expect him to last the night such were his injuries. His dad works in Ruby's team so we've followed this since it occurred. It was pure coincidence that the programme were filming the day it happened. They came back to film his progress last week. The medical staff really performed a miracle and it's worth watching for that alone. 

foster has got a clean bill of health. needs a dental at some point but that's it. took me to put a muzzle on him, and 2 vets to clip his claws. don't think he likes his feet touched lol

happy birthday steve

glad the lad made it xx

Hope Steve enjoys his birthday!

We've got most of the junk into the skip, just need to sweep up outside now and then the next joy will be power washing the patio, but I don't think that will be this weekend having seen the weather forecast!

My appointment with the vascular surgeon has arrived, end of March. Nothing re the scan I had the other day so maybe it's okay after all.

Suzeanna, I have everything crossed for you!

Ummmm Steve has spent the whole time I have been here so far cleaning his kitchen and putting stuff away...so errr yeah, worth dragging myself up here! He has 3 cards...2 off me & 1 off Molly....I don't think his sister has even been in touch

Families are weird Griff. My sister would be distraught if she missed anyone's birthday, my brother doesn't give a toss about anyone but himself and is quite happy to admit he's selfish and self centred. Hope Steve gets his kitchen sorted and you have a nicer evening together.

Hoping no news is good news Suzeanna.

What's the foster's name Jazz? Hope he's got over the trauma of the vet visit.

Will look out for that programme Yantan. Sounds like a miracle that the lad made it.

got someone to come and look at taking the laminate flooring up in the hall. feels like another hole is coming under it. if he wont do it, ill get a crowbar and do it myself. spoke to the housing. like I thought, they wont take the floor up as I had it put down

spoke to the rescuer today. she said she used to get bits of shopping for the owner. she would have a piece of bread and butter for tea, she had lost a lot of weight. she has been onto social services and anyone else she can think of, nobody is interested.

the son and daughter don't want to know. what a shame. its a private house so suppose they are waiting for her to die. if she went into a home they wouldn't get money from the house.  I don't know, but could be it

the owner would threaten nick with a wooden stick, and hit him with it

Awww poor little devil but I am sure in her right mind she would be mortified with that behaviour

Eve, we had dinner and I came home. I asked if his sister had text...he said yes, asked if his cousin had...no, he said it's his bil birthday in a few days so I said maybe they will do something next weekend and he can go down...he said "no...they don't bother with birthdays". A card and stamp would be about 1.60....i am sure his sister could manage that....I bought him 2 cards because the first I got when I was in a nark and it wasn't very nice, the second when I was in a better mood lol