UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

your non animal hobbies

Pingu

My posting about my dark ages re-enactment stuff got me wondering what peoples hobbies were outside of the animal field.

i have a few.

i play a few online games:

• World Of Warships
  • elite dangerous
  • battlefield

but my main hobby outside of the animal sphere is the reenactment stuff. I got into it via the local history - where we live has a very rich viking past., wil post some pics later on.

what sort of stuff do you guys do that's not animal related?

I love going to re-enactment events but not been bitten with the bug to become a re-enactor.

I collect old postcards of my local area. It's fascinating to see how things have changed. I also have a much smaller postcard collection of social history as seeing how people used to live is fascinating.

Genealogy is another hobby of mine. I've been doing it for well over 20 years, back to the days when you had to go to the records offices. It's much easier now with so much stuff available via the internet. 

I am incredibly boring lol...I don't do anything, I go out for a beer or 5 once a week and that's it.

I have become a geek by proxy though, Steve's into gaming so I have ended up learning all about that really. He does PS4 and Xbox one s, he also has a gaming room that I designed, he has his gaming pc and collectibles in there....he plays world of Warcraft and is currently just doing league of legends. Somehow I know end up knowing when games are due for release...what has become of me!! Lol

IMG-20180505-WA0000.jpg

I've more or less called it a day on my family history and moved onto local history instead. Last years project was to take a photo of an ancient oak every week and  make it into a time lapse video. This year I am using Twitter to highlight a different street in the town each week with photos and old postcards.

The Abbey in the town was attacked by Vikings so there is the occasional reenactment of that on the green where the abbey once stood, I haven't been tempted yet to join in!

• Like 2