UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb. we can do it!

Jazz

Lol...snow on the hills, made me chuckle

Back in bed...I hate being a woman sometimes, I am worse with this stupid wegeners. Think I may have to give the progesterone another go... I really don't want to but I can't be having this every month

• Sad 1

Aw I hope you feel better soon Griff. 

I've had a rhubarb and custard pasty from The Cornwall Bakery. It always seem strange to me that we have a branch up here as I don't equate the Lake District with pasties from Cornwall - but they a are bloomin' good bakery. They make the best Portuguese tarts ever!  I'd far rather have a shop like this than Greggs.

• Like 1

Just had a mental picture of Snow gambolling across the hills singing The Sound of Music!.

That's ridiculous about Rob taking tablets he didn't need for so long, surely consultants (or their secretaries) are meant to pass on info to GP's about their patients? 

Hope you are feeling a bit better now Griff, and reducing your tablets helps with the nausea. 

I was reading a post earlier on a mets forum I belong to, a woman saying her toenails are lifting off and she's stuck them back down with superglue! Not sure that's a good idea.

Yantan, I can't stand rhubarb.  When we moved here there was a big clump of it, I dug it up and chucked it into the rubbish bit of the garden and the darn thing flourishes every year!

morning all. just remembered to put this on favourites so I can find it

my injection for arthritis is kicking in so not in as much pain. im debating weather to go to the indoor boot sale. ill be annoyed if I don't go, but its ruddy freezing out there. but its not raining, so think I will

have a safe warm day xxx

I think my gamboling across the hills days are long behind me 🤣 

My eyelashes are getting longer and longer with these eye drops I take and they are really dark its a side effect I actually like as my lashes had got quite sparse after the menopause - not too sure how I'll feel if my eyes change colour from blue to brown which is another common side effect but at the moment theres no sign of that happening. 

Have fun at the bootsale Alicia - we're off to fetch mil and take her up the crem as its 20 years since fil died, I made curry & rice yesterday to take with us to have for lunch afterwards with naan bread - it will probably be the last time we all go together as she's moving away in a few weeks time and won't be able to just pop up the road anymore so it will just be me and Rob in future. 

How disappointing Jazz. Least you got some bargains at the boot sale.

Yep Griff - where you going, and who with? (just seen your reply - enjoy yourself and treasure these nights out, I miss being able to do that with my Dad) I'm too old for going out in this cold weather lol. I'd rather sit indoors by the fire with a glass of wine. Though I'll have to shift myself at some point and cook dinner. We're having pork fillet stuffed with cumberland sausage and wrapped in bacon - courtesy of the Tebay Farm shop. It's bit scrummy.

Want some of Snow's eye lotion, my eyelashes have become very sparse too since the menopause.

Hope you do well on your new medicine regime Suzeanna. You know your body best.

Bitterly cold here but at least the snow is going now as it rained earlier. Just hope it doesn't ice up overnight.

Have a lovely Sunday evening everyone xx