UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb. we can do it!

Jazz

No workmen arrived, we were talking to the neighbours and I can't believe how stupid they are....one woman who has kids had no cooker for 6 weeks... and she never threatened the press or councillor! She is also waiting for a cupboard door to be fitted, it needs 2 hinges... would cost about £10 but she doesn't have think she should pay, she has just bought a brand new cooker and washing machine so I don't think £10 is a lot! If it was honestly doing your head in, you would do it yourself.

The foreman came round as I was leaving...dirty little perv! Looking me up and down lol. Told Steve it's the electrician and plasterer tomorrow, then drove past me at the bus stop again perving that much he nearly crashed! Maybe Steve will get his kitchen done right and quickly if I am around! Just have to make sure I wear tight jeans and heels when I go up lol

• Haha 1

Sorry Griff, shouldn't have laughed at the perving. Not pleasant. I don't think the neighbour should have to pay for the hinges either. The firm probably rely on people finishing things off themselves to save them time and money, and the shysters are getting away with it. Need more people to complain to the HA to get things changed, though if the firm got the job through backhanders or 'who you know', nothing will probably be done.

It was funny Eve, he was a funny little thing

To be honest, I am glad I don't live round there as they are all pathetic whiners who do nothing...I think they would struggle to start a fire between them.

No, she maybe shouldn't have to pay for the hinges but the way she is going on about it, for £10 I would do it myself and not have to bother chasing them...but anyone who would allow them to leave them without a cooker for 6 weeks is obviously not very sharp upstairs

I am also adding Steve to the moron category! The electrician is there, so I said I would go up later, same as the last 3 days so he could take the dog out, to quote him "this guy seems sound" I will leave him in the house ALONE!! He met the bloke at about 8.10 am. I hope his stuff gets broken or nicked to teach him not to be so stupid...mind you Steve is an incredibly poor judge of character so I don't know why I am surprised. At least I get a day to myself, can get to the vets and pick up Dex's medication

Not so wet here today but still overcast and miserable. 

I recall a few years back that the local council awarded the contract for road re-surfacing to a company from Shropshire despite there being several big outfits here that could have done the work. Of course the Shropshire lot put in the lowest tender so they were chosen. They tarmacked over every manhole and drain cover which resulted in the council having to employ one of the local firms to go out to put it right. It isn't always cost effective to just choose the business that puts in the lowest quote. This is a basic rule of procurement. It does make you wonder what sort of idiot it is they put in charge of the contracts.

Saw the GP  last week, post just arrived with an appointment for an ultrasound on the lump in my neck.  Gulp.  That's rather quick, worries me when they are this quick! Still, at least I'll know. They do tell you straight away if there's a problem with the ultrasound, unlike scans.

Suzeanna, I agree... hopefully they are being cautious and getting you seen asap. 

I got a call today, Drs...I answered to be told I had requested my chemo prescription yesterday, I said correct, I was told the gp was refusing to issue until I had a blood test! I said I didn't need one, I saw a fellow in December and he asked would I be happy to go three months between blood tests?? Yep fine by me, that was 2 months ago. The receptionist said let me see if we have had a letter, I said they must have as the issued the drug I asked to be put on repeat which the fellow requested....she looked and said " oh yes every 3 months" this is the second time that's happened...first time the nurse practitioner told me I hadn't had a blood test since July last year! Dopey woman didn't bother looking to see who was actually in charge of my treatment...the hospital with gp support

That's so annoying Griff, they should check first! If you need something, you need it now, not when they stop faffing about.

I'm amazed they are working on those houses with the people in them, they should be moved out to a hotel or something whilst the work is done.  Apart from the inconvenience, the asbestos dust could still be there.

My appointment is 3pm on Monday, so should know what's what fairly quickly.  

Fingers crossed for you Suzeanna.

I had words with him this morning about the kitchen light, they were fitting a strip light, I said he would hate it...he said he was going and that was that! The electrician did his work and left, I asked was the light up and he said no, I said ask if he got his own would they fit it, he said he would look at Maurice and see, anyway, he called me back, the electrician was in his van and showed him the light, Steve said it was hideous...duh really!! The electrician said he would fit whatever Steve got, I talked him into a wave bar spotlight...I don't see the point in having a kitchen and just making do with things, I want his kitchen to look different from the other houses hence our own tiles, light and we will probably change the colour at some point