UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb. we can do it!

Jazz

my brother is applying for his Irish passport, it's quite complicated, he has had to get my grandads birth certificate, my nan and grandads marriage certificate and a copy of mums passport.

I have to run back up to Steve's....the kitchen fitters have arrived unannounced and he was just going shopping....he has had to stay home so I am on the dog food run

Well, they have ripped part of the kitchen out...were here an hour and vanished and nobody else has shown up. Steve wanted to wait in for the workmen and I was going to take Molly but......she refused to come with me!! I am really surprised as she really loves me and actually chased down the road after me the other night.... Steve reckons if he wasn't here she would have gone with me, nevermind, I am now sat in waiting for the workmen and he is walking the dog

Good luck Jazz.

I've just cancelled Archie's insurance. The renewal came and it was over £50 a month. I can't think we would be making a claim for anything now because if anything major happened we wouldn't be putting him through surgery or the sort of treatment that we could claim for.  The saving will help pay for his 3 steaks and all the chicken breasts he gets every week. When we first took insurance out on him it was £6 a month. 

Back home safe from transport run and weather has turned chilly. Too tired to take Wispa anywhere so I am in disgrace. I will take her to Clumber Park first thing tomorrow, she will forgive me then. At her age she does not suffer from the occasional day pottering in the garden instead of a walk. But she is hacked off with me, on principle.

Workmen sound less than satisfactory, Griff.

Hope all goes well tomorrow, Jazz.

I guess the first workers were the ripper outers Griff and not allowed to even look at installing - don't you just love councils/housing associations lol. Or just hate inconsiderate workmen ☹️

Lol @ Wispa Owl. There's nothing quite like the disapproval of a hacked off dog. Hope she enjoys Clumber Park tomorrow.

Good luck for tomorrow Jazz. Hope they get the right bit lol.

Agree with you Yantan on the insurance. There comes a point when it's not worth doing.

Been nice here today so spent most of it in the garden. Raining now though and supposed to continue for most of tomorrow so will have to do some much needed housework I guess. Still light here at nearly 6pm though so Spring is on its way ☺️

We have quite a big kitchen and one lad fitted in on his own in 2 days. I think that lot employed to fit Steve's and neighbours are taking the Pi$$.

Well done Owl on the transport trip. Is Wispa giving you the cold shoulder or grumbling at you? 

Yes Griff all those extras applied on Archie's policy too as a consequence of his age. 

Eve that sounds like a nice way to spend the day. Our camellia is out and looking glorious. It usually blooms in February but it was very late last year, going into April I think.

Wispa gave me the cold shoulder when I left and has grumbled on and off ever since I got back. She threw a Croc at me. Slightly appeased by getting a bit of my potato, swede and carrot mash, but I will be in the naughty corner until tomorrow.

Usually after transport runs I do take her somewhere but this relay was later in the day than usual, and my dodgy ankle is very swollen.

I had oxtail soup for tea. it didn't taste like I remembered so the dogs had it. they didn't mind as it was still warm. merlin told me sod off, so he got something else. ill stick to chicken or tomato

bags packed. written instructions for lewis in case I get kept in. the next op was going to be a day one but they want to keep me overnight because of my heart. hope they wont tomorrow.

if im not back on here later tomorrow you know im kept in