UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb. we can do it!

Jazz

No he doesn't Eve....he has now decided he wants a different light after I have ordered and paid for that one so told him he can order and pay for the other himself and my money will get refunded to me in 7 days anyway....there was nothing wrong with the one I picked, he said it was good but thinks now black and silver instead of just silver will be better..... will leave him to it

I bloody hate fluorescent strip lighting although we do have one in the attic but with no windows up there it is necessary. We have ceiling lights in the kitchen. They give good light but aren't harsh like strip lights.

Archie told the postie off this morning. We haven't heard him bark for a long while. Poor Tom, the postie, got quite an earful. He just laughed and gave Archie's ears a tickle. He liked that but carried on swearing at Tom all the while. He really is an ungrateful dog as Tom often brings him a biscuit and is always very nice with him.  Archie reacts to posties this way because of the nasty one. The rest of them know this and they also know that if Archie is out and barking they don't need to come in through the gate if they don't want too as I always go out to see what he's barking at. 

• Like 2

I have some very silly fish. Panic yesterday because their filter had stopped working and thought I would need to take it to local aquatics centre who are always helpful with things like that. Then I found that the little knob on top which regulates the outflow of filtered water had been turned round to OFF position.  No snails big enough to move it, tetras the same, only fish strong enough to move it are the 2 big bristlenose catfish who shuffle round the tank at night eating algae. Need to check every morning now to see that they haven't knocked it.

Forget spring, summer has arrived. More like May than February. We need some rain here in the east or we will be in trouble.

• Like 1

Bless Archie, Diesel was like that with my neighbour, she would take treats off him but bark her head off, Tommy never bothered... just used to laugh

Owl, those fish are funny

Just finished my garden off and trimmed back the dog wood tree. I am very shocked at how something I could do in half a day now takes 2 days....at least it is lovely and sunny and I got to see my friend Tammy and her dog pebbles 2 days in a row

Now sat down with a cup of coffee and will go in the shower shortly!

Suzeanna, the biggest shock was trying to start the petrol mower....I couldn't get it to start to begin with, really took my breath away, then it started and cut out... started it again then it cut out and eventually I got it to keep Going but I was pouring with sweat.

It's quite hard to accept the changes, to be honest if you saw me, you would think there was nothing up with me (except a knackered leg lol) I look so very very healthy...maybe that's why it's hard? Because I look o.k I think I should still be able to do the same things....I am thinking of an overnight trip to see my brother or a day trip to the seaside as I need a change of scenery

Ermmmm it would only be overnight Suzeanna, I have only ever left these 2 once overnight since I have had them so I would hope given all the time I give up so my parents can go away it wouldn't be a problem

Eve, my brother is in London, a couple of hours away, it's just seeing if he would have me and if he is free, I don't really think he could take me with him if he has plans to see friends as I think I would be an embarrassment to him