UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb. we can do it!

Jazz

so currently we have a fish in intensive care... the nitrate levels in his tank shot up without us noticing and were at one point"too high to measure"...  so we are currently doing small regular water changes.. have nitrate reducing packs and are just hoping that we caught it before too much damage was done.

the levels are dropping (currently at about 1.0)  so hopefully fishy will be OK

6 hours ago, owl said:

Hope the fish is OK, Pingu. What kind of fish is he?

a shubumpkin - a rescue fish that came "free with tank". he was about 2 cm when he arrived and has grown a bit since then (hes on his third tank cos he outgrew the others) currently he is about 15 cm in length and hopefully has stopped growing.

So far in the past week we have spent enough to buy about 40 of them but fishy is OUR fishy and that's not how it works in this house. So water additives, testing kits and additional filters to try to get his water OK again. We seem to have the levels under control now but its going to take some time for him to recover.

• Like 2

I am off my food. Quick send for an ambulance. It must be terminal. Nothing gets between me and my grub.

Ruby got a letter about her scan and everything looks good. She has a small stone in her remaining kidney, which she knew already. 

I'm off to make the best of the remaining free time on Ancestry.