UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb. we can do it!

Jazz

It's just one of those weeks here! 

Steve's kitchen should have been started Wednesday..no show, no show yesterday... doubt they will come today either. His neighbour has not had a cooker for 2 days...has no units in the kitchen at all and they have no respect for your property...they have wrecked her blinds and there's just dust everywhere!! The shared outside path is awful, I ended up walking up Steve's lawn so I didn't drag muck into his house..... I told him to go buy some of that adhesive film for your carpets as I can see his carpets being ruined

Is his place council or housing association Griff? There must be someone he can complain to, it's ridiculous to leave people with no cooking facilities and to wreck their things. Maybe the local paper would be interested? I know when our houses were flooded several years ago because the council hadn't maintained a drainage ditch as soon as the local paper got hold of it action was taken.

Jazz, drinking this early in the morning?

Suzeanna, it's a housing association, they took over last year from guiness....guiness were great, this lot..awful! Steve asked in the summer if they were going to do kitchens...they so nope not for at least 2 years so we bought stuff and he did the kitchen up, then he was told 2 months after doing it they were doing the kitchen! They should have been there 30th January, didn't happen, rearranged for 19th February..then they said the 13th February and again never showed up. I said don't let them start today as you will have no cooker today, the weekend or Monday at the minimum. 

The workmen are really shoddy, one ladies kitchen they were putting up cracked tiles!! They smashed through another ladies wall and Steve's other neighbour just got her kitchen finished yesterday! One kitchen out of 6 in one close and it took 2 weeks...and the kitchen are tiny!

my housing association was great when they did mine. someone came round, said they were in charge, any problems ring her. she was walking round the estate and checking on each property. each day, the workman would come and introduce himself the day before so I knew who was coming and what they were doing. when they were going to paint the kitchen, they got the name of the colour paint I wanted and bought that. gave me what was left

they are doing the front doors next. they have been for me to choose the colour and design

Steve and his neighbours need to go to the papers. A bit of negative press might make the housing association get things put right. It's false economy to go with the cheapest quotes if all the work is shoddy and has to be re-done.

Archie's flowers for Ruby are being delivered by Royal Mail. They are tracked and so I know they arrived at our sorting office this morning. It's now 3pm and they still haven't been delivered and I doubt that they will now. Grrrr.

Oh no Marion!!!! I really hope it's just a late delivery.

Jazz, the supervisor came round at the time of design, left his number but he doesn't answer the phone and when people were complaining he didn't do a lot, so they contacted Stonehouse...think that's the right name, and got the estate officer out...he obvs gave the supervisor for CLC a flea in his ear and the supervisor just keeps saying any problems and call me don't contact the housing association...so they are contacting both. 

I have said they need a get together, need to discuss the issues and all write individual letters of complaint to both companies. Next door but one had her front door left unlocked, she got back from work and tried the door and just walked in...no workmen there and Sharon, next door to Steve...well, the workman left the key on the inside of the door and lifted the handle outside, their doors automatically latch when you do that so they had to take her kitchen window out to get back in...they didn't want to pay a locksmith. I will suggest the press but I doubt they will bother, me... I would be on the phone demanding they get their ar*es round and do my kitchen along with paying for the day's missed from work. 

Depends, Pingu.  Not if you're a pig farmer.

I went to the doc earlier as the pains in my lower legs when I walk is getting worse, thought he'd say it was the Letrozole but no..after a determined hunt for the pulse in my feet he said it's circulation, so he's referring me to a vascular surgeon.  Oh lovely, a different department, I do like a change!

I've developed a little lump on my collar bone, not attached, it wiggles around. Showed him that...sigh..referring me for an ultrasound.  I might as well move in at the blasted hospital.

20 minutes ago, Pingu said:

is there such a thing as "too much bacon"?

No way!

Bloody idiot post man (I know which one it will have been. The rest of them are lovely) rammed the box of flowers through next door's letterbox and she is out. I got a message from the flower company (Bloom and Wild) to say they'd been told they'd been delivered which prompted me to go on a hunt. Fortunately I have a key for next door (she has one for us) and I could see them thro the letterbox so let myself in and claimed them. The box was ripped to bits, fortunately the flowers, still in bud, were undamaged.

Oh heck Suzeanna. I hope the extra hospital visits go well.

bacon is the best thing in the whole wide world

I hoovered, then clipped merlin and mouse. need to hoover again. luna has laid next to mouse giving me a bad look. hugo is lay in front of merlin. don't think they want me to clip them any more

im under most departments. don't want any more. it gets me out. I said at the pre op check im disappointed my 2 ops are day ones as its my only holiday

Edited by Jazz

Lol...well I am vegan so I like my bacon running round but if you like it, I would say no!! Never to much

Lol Suzeanna, it's ace having bad health isn't it? You get to try out all these different ailments and as you ditch one department and think great, 1 less consultant you get something else and a whole new experience

Yantan...I would take a photo of the box and email royal mail and say it was a 60th birthday present and thanks for the perfect delivery!