UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb. we can do it!

Jazz

I doubt it. Still up, setting up a facebook page.

Up on the moors near Hathersage we have a big English pointer running loose and very upset. Wearing smart coat and nice rolled leather collar.  We do not know of anyone looking for him and are worried that his owner may have run into trouble on the moors. If we can catch him we can read his tag and get details from chip and find out who he belongs to. Police aware. 

5 different discussions on various pages on facebook. Trying to organise everything into one place.

Thermal drone pilot in Buxton awaiting flight clearance to search tonight. Another pilot ready to fly tomorrow. 

This is why I want a boring life, but such is not my fate

Owl, is the page you are making going to be a public one, or just a DogLost one? Only asking because pointers aren't that common a breed (at least not round here) and if it's public it's more likely to catch someone's eye if they know of a dog like that whose owner isn't at home when they should be.  I saw the video of the dog, it did appear to be distressed but not in an "I'm lost" way, more as if it was trying to alert people to a problem.  Shame it didn't do a Lassie and lead someone to whatever it wanted to show them. Just remembered, a woman I chat to sometimes remarked "that Dalmatian down the road isn't very friendly", left me rather blank as there isn't a Dalmatian down the road.  Then she described the house and I realised she meant Ringo, who happens to be a german short haired pointer! 

I hope you can have a calm, restful day today Owl.

Ruby started feeling ill yesterday lunch time and then spent the rest of the afternoon and evening being sick. She's had to give work a miss today as she is feeling wobbly. Owl did you realise that the Barbara of the i article was Ruby? 

It's a nice day here today. Blue (ish) sky and a little bit of sun every now and again. Daffs in the garden are blooming.

morning all. doctors ringing today. that will be interesting

why do people put dogs up for sale then don't reply? that's 3 dogs ive arranged transport ready and they don't reply. shesh!

its strange not having a foster for a few weeks. good job really as I have my hip op next week .its a quick easy one, but easier for lewis who will be here

Yantan I did realise that was Ruby. Hope she feels better soon .

Walk along riverbank, very quiet, sunny and warm. I saw a cormorant sitting on a power line above the river, fishing from a great height. Never seen one on a wire before. It was a thick insulated line, but even so.

Before Ruby even had time to put in a claim for compensation she received an email from Virgin Trains apologising for  Saturday's journey. They also advised that they had refunded £69 to her bank account, which was almost the full cost of the journey.  Well done Virgin.

I am now going to sneek out the back to fill the paper recycling bin up. I have to sneek because otherwise Archie thinks he should be allowed out the back with me. It was OK before he got dementia as he stayed put but now he'd disappear.

• Like 1

Was a lovely day here today, had some really great walks with the dogs followed by a couple of hours working in the garden. Probably a bit early to be pruning roses and cutting down fuschias but it was so mild and sunny I took a chance. Hydrangea and buddleia tomorrow. All the snow drops, crocuses, muscari and hellebores are in full bloom and a few daffodils too. Really cheered me up being out there.

• Like 1