UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb. we can do it!

Jazz

Thank you Owl, I am hoping Archie won't have another exploderous night. He's had lots of time outside this afternoon and this evening but that doesn't always compute in his befuddled brain.

Yesterday morning Ruby let him out first thing for a wee and left him to poddle about in the garden for several minutes. She brought him back in and returned to getting her breakfast in the kitchen. She heard a noise and turned around and there he was having a wee on the kitchen floor. You just can't win! 

Oh dear, hope Tonight will be a clean night Yantan

Had an almighty row with my dad today about next door, he was saying when we put a fence up their side, they can do what they like to it..I said no, that's criminal damage...he wouldn't have it, so I googled it and yep I am right, then he just said he is going to leave the downpipe as it is, I went nuts, said he might be happy to be pushed round but I am not and I won't let them push me round...he then started saying he thought their fence should be more in our garden out the front......this is the original fence since the house was built...he wouldn't have it that I was right.....so, I got the deeds out and shock horror, I am right...... again!!! Now I have pointed it out, he has said so the gutter is overhanging my property...errrrmmm yes because the bloody roof is 3 inches over our property!!

Edited by griff

In my experience Griff if you let one thing go then people think it gives them carte blanche to do what they like.

Ruby has her pic in today's issue of The i as they have done an article on pencil making.

No bottom explosions from Archie overnight but he did have a wee on the dining room carpet. It was soon cleaned up with the Bissell and Bissell carpet shampoo for pets.

He had acid reflux first thing but I caught it early enough and a dose of his medicine put paid to it. However he's been fast asleep ever since and hasn't eaten yet, which can allow the acid to build up again. Hopefully he'll be up and about soon and have a tuck in.

We tried that with George and it was more of a pain than the actual cleaning up, not least because we had to find a way to sop the wee up on the plastic. I got used to cleaning up after him and to be honest I just slotted back into it when Archie started his shenanigans. 

Archie has now had a sachet of dog food followed an hour later by a chicken breast. His current status is "fast asleep". 

It was really windy overnight and this morning. I opened the front door this morning to find a heavy pot and plant blown over blocking the doorway. We are still getting an occasional gusts.

We did the same with Baddie during his final few months Yantan - just cleaned it all up and shampooed & steam cleaned - we also had some very useful disinfectant wipes that came from the hospital when I had my op a couple of years ago and I'd never used them they are really handy for a quick wipe over any stain before steam cleaning. Baddie wasn't even aware he was doing it as he'd lost sensation in that area so it just kinda fell out when he moved around bless him. 

My parking area at front of house is covered with large sheets of torn roofing felt. No idea where it came from. Some slight damage to the reserve visitor centre was being repaired when I went there today. A lot of those white resin bollards with lights had been ripped away from pedestrian islands on the main road.

Wispa's leather collar snapped clean in half while |I was walking her. Suddenly found I had lead in hand and nothing on other end. I did have a second lead attached to her harness so no problem. I bought it at a country fair 9 years ago so can't complain. There is a garden centre with pet section and also a country store in Tickhill just up the road so hopefully I can find a suitable one there tomorrow.

That happened to me many years ago Owl when we were walking our two young dobes, Ziggy's collar suddenly broke,  just as we were crossing the road! Thankfully he followed his sister over and we bodged something with his lead.  I got my money back on the collar, it was a pretty new one.

Wispa's previous collar was a standard one from PaH and that broke as well, so I made her lead into a slip lead. Luckily we were alone in a field on both occasions. I am tempted to send for another from "Black Dog" as it lasted so long, but need something quickly. I have several small and medium collars here but nothing for a big dog.  

It's on pages 24 and 25 in my copy Owl. Actually the reporter has got a few facts wrong. She spent a long time with Ruby and Ruby took her out for dinner that night but throughout she hardly took notes. One glaring mistake is when she mentions two colour names which they don't use and didn't even come up in conversation. 

Talking of Ruby, she got stuck in London late yesterday afternoon when the train was canceled due to electricity lines being down. She finally got a train to Manchester where she had to change for another going to Preston and change again for Penrith. She had a first class ticket but ended up standing and being hassled by a load of drunken idiots. Fortunately they weren't on long. Then two guards came and ordered people out who had taken seats in first class without first class tickets and she finally got a seat for the last 30 minutes.  

I hope you find a decent collar as a replacement for Wispa's broken one Owl.  Archie has a Rogz collar but he nearly always was attached to the lead via his harness in the days when we went for nice long walks. Having lost a family dog from a broken collar - he ran off into the road and got killed by a car - it's something I pay a lot of attention too.

Thanks, have found it now. Those pages got stuck together in my copy.

I decided to check my bag of various collars etc just in case,  and found one which Wispa had after her first one broke. She hardly wore it because |I then bought her the leather one. Had forgotten all about it. Strong webbing collar with good buckle, quite acceptable. So have saved a few ££s. 

Ruby must have been exhausted after that journey. It is long enough anyway without having hassles.