UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb. we can do it!

Jazz

They do sell a slightly less strong version of my eye drops (Lumigan) specifically for growing eyelashes but its very very expensive apparently. and you can only get it with a private prescription its about £90 for 2 months supply. 

Rob took me out for a cheeky Nando's last night - don't know why but I love Nando's its my favourite restaurant chain but its not cheap and they never do offers so we tend to only go for my birthday or a special occasion so this was a pre-valentines meal lol 

Depends how much you like chicken as thats pretty much all they sell, I like it because I do like chicken cooked on a BBQ grill and I love their different spices - personally I go for what they call plain-ish then I have several different flavoured and spicey bottles of their dipping sauces to dip mine into, I love all the different sides especially the corn on the cob which is also roasted on the grill best of all I really like eating with my fingers 🤣 I tend to go for wings & Rob likes the butterfly breast and usually ends up with a couple of my wings as well lol 

I do eat chicken in preference to the other meats, maybe we ought to give it a go.  There is a group of restaurants near the Cineworld in Chesterfield, Frankie and Benny's, Harvester, Chinci...something I've forgotten but it's Mexican! and Nandos.  Then next to them is a big gym, presumably so people can work off what they've eaten!

Philip takes Candy for a walk about now and the other evening I thought I heard him coming back, definitely heard the front door handle being tried.  It wasn't him so I thought I must have been mistaken, but just now it happened again.  He always locks the door when he goes out, glad he does if someone is chancing it!

We have no chains here at all, just local pubs and restaurants. Have to be honest I don't feel in the least deprived lol. Oh, I lie - we have a Subway in one of the garages!

Suzeanna, that is scary. Make sure you have lots of lights on when Philip takes Candy out and look out of windows so that the scumbags can see your profile and know the house isn't empty.

Any new on Ruby Yantan?

morning

im going to a 'designer village' today with lewis, his girlfriend …. and her mum who ive not met. bonding session coming up!

there is the 'outlet shops' there, m&s being one of them. wheelchair is dusted down and ready to go

Have a fun day shopping and bonding Jazz.

It's lashing down here but the dogs are out with the dog walkers so not my problem lol. No doubt Cooper will be huddled under the van and refusing to play with the pack until the nasty wet stuff disappears.

Richard's gone down to London for a few days so I've had a lovely peaceful morning.

Hope everyone is well and has great day xx

My water supply suddenly disappeared this morning, my neighbour was the same.  I went online to Severn and Trent's chatline, nope, nothing to do with them.  I had to go into town to get a scrip, noticed that a few more doors down had workmen in, then as I was waiting for the bus a bloke came out and fiddled with the stopcock on the pavement.  Mystery solved! When I was back home and walking Candy he came out to his van, I did politely suggest it might have been nice to warn us he was turning all the water off.  He looked a bit shamefaced and said he hadn't realised it did, he thought it was just to that one house.  Lovely sun earlier today, but it's clouding over now and tomorrow and Friday are meant to be wet and gales.  Something to look forward to!

I've been to the dentist and hygienist this morning and am not long back. I came into several piles of poop stretching from the kitchen threshold with the dining room, thro the dining room and down the entrance hall :barf: Neighbour had been in earlier  but Archie wouldn't go out so she just petted him and fed him some treats. 

Ruby's scan went OK but she wasn't told anything. She goes back in 2 weeks time for the results and a general check up with the surgeon. The radiologist was telling her to drink more water as her kidney levels were down. Ruby told her she wasn't surprised at that with just having the one kidney. The radiologist replied "oh I didn't know that. Then your levels on the one kidney are OK". 

We haven't got a Nando's in town, we don't have any chain eating places. I don't know if there are any in the neighbouring towns, sounds like I might have to try it if I spot one. I stopped off at a little bakery and shop in Dearham where they do a lovely selection of savoury and sweet stuff. I just love their gingerbread, which is a proper sticky concoction with body, not the overbeaten, light as air stuff you often end up with elsewhere. I was very norty and bought 2 slabs which will keep Ruby and I going for for a few days.  It was nice going in and hearing heavy Cumbrian accents from staff and customers.   When I spoke to the lady serving me she asked me if I was from Keswick and when I said yes she replied "aye, I thowt see, yer all see posh spoken frae theer". Me - posh spoken :biglaugh: 

Sorry Eve, don't have a clue!

Ack about the poop Yantan, not nice to come home to.  They never say anything about the scans, the only ones I've had an instant reaction from have been mammograms, when I've had the dreaded "we'd just like you to have an ultrasound now", followed by the even more dreaded "we'll just need a biopsy."   After what Ruby's surgeon told her I can't imagine for one moment she'll have a problem.

Funny how you can be judged by your accent, I remember reading about Steph McGovern (she's on BBC Breakfast) saying that at one place she worked one of the bosses said to her "I didn't realise people who speak like you could be intelligent."  She has a Middlesbrough accent, for anyone who hasn't seen her.  I'm surprised she didn't deck him!  I know when we went to Kos, I said something in Greek to a waiter in a restaurant and he smiled and said you learned Greek in Rhodes, didn't you? I said yes and he said he could tell by the accent. I thought Greek was Greek, but obviously not.

Ruby and I were just talking about Steph McGovern last night as it happens and how she's got so much flak over her accent and looks. Well it takes all sorts to make a world and we don't all look and sound the same. It's nice to see and hear the TV networks move away from perceived pronunciation and women news readers and presenters who only look a certain way, whilst men have never been held to the same standard. 

I need another cup of coffee but I know if I go and make one the gingerbread will be calling out to me "cooooooome and get meeeeeeee". Bad gingerbread, bad. Be quiet.