UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb. we can do it!

Jazz

Steady thaw at last. I buzzed down M1 to collect a saluki lurcher at Donington services and bring up to Blyth services near me to hand over to lady who did last section to rescue. At Blyth we wondered why 2 motorway cops were watching us closely, then one came over to us while we were moving the dog to next car. He just wanted to make a fuss of the hound as he has a saluki at home. Then I took Wispa to the reserve where she rolled on her back in a ploughed field. I have cleaned her up and her coat is in the wash. 

A good day all round.

• Like 2

Eve, when I got diagnosed with wegeners, I realized I hadn't spent much time with my dad since turning 18. We go out and get drunk together lol fight over the Chinese bill and head home. I do ask Steve to come but it's difficult sometimes with his shifts at work. I try to get him to come out with me once a week or I get us something to eat and a couple of cans so he gets a treat....I wish he could get a different job, he very rarely has two days off together and when he is off, the last thing he wants to do is drive

Well done owl and whoops wispa

• Like 1

ive never known my dad, don't know his name, so you enjoy the time you have with him. mother was distant with me, so other than taking her to London twice to see a show, just before she was diagnosed with cancer, we couldn't have much of a nice time together

Eve, you'll have to get some falsies..eyelashes that is!  I think they do sell stuff in Boots that's meant to grow your lashes.  

That's  a shame about your dad, Jazz.  I don't remember mine at all as he died when I was nearly seven, my mother only kept about two photos of him.  

Owl, you talking about Wispa rolling reminded me of once when my daughter was about 14, we were at a horse show and she had about ten minutes to go into the ring.  Her pony started pawing at the (muddy!) ground and we were yelling don't let her go down but too late, daughter did a hasty dismount and Appledore had a lovely roll.  You've never seen a saddle and pony cleaned up so fast.  

• Like 1

I know I'm really lucky with the relationship I had with my mum and dad. Mum died when I was 36 and I still feel cheated now for the things we didn't get to do together.

Couldn't wear false eyelashes Suzeanna. Some mascaras make my eyes water never mind eyelash glue. Still wear eye make up every day though. Since getting early retirement I hardly ever wear smart clothes or do anything much with my hair, apart from a basic cut and a Nice and Easy Colour every couple of months but I still have to put some eyeshadow and mascara on every morning. Just something I have to do to be me. Will investigate the Boots stuff for eyelashes though.

Was proud of Honey on the beach this morning. The geese who live there were all congregated near the bit where we go on and she was itching to chase them but didn't when I told her to leave them. Wasn't easy for her - she loves to chase. It's getting near to their nesting time so we need to watch where they nest and avoid it.

Edited by eve

Well done Honey!  We sometimes take Candy for a walk by the Cromford canal, there are plenty of ducks there especially up near the café.  She usually ignores them but one started actually walking towards her, so she did start to chase that.  She did stop when told though.  

Did you see, Staffies came out top of the favourite breeds in the country? Just read a comment by someone saying why on earth was that, they're all owned by tattoed thugs who want to look tough.  Step forward, thuggets Eve and Griff!

• Haha 1

they are lovely dogs, can be in any family. too big for me now, though I had labs, GSDs. after staffies, yorkies are supposed to be the next dog in rescues. I cant find a suitable one. im not buying one, silly prices. ill look for one in rescue, or unwanted xmas present

Ooooh we will look our for the pork fillet next time we are in Tebay services. That's right up my street.  We had some of the Cumberland sossidge from there yesterday. It was very, very tasty but a la'al bit fatty for my liking and Cranston's still remains my favourite.

Poor Archie has had an bad bout of acid reflux. Around 2pm I was just about to phone the vet for an appointment when he laid down and fell asleep and is still sleeping now. He was exhausted from all the pacing. He had 3 doses of his medicine (well 2.5 really as he managed to spit some of the 2nd dose out, which is why I gave him a 3rd about an hour and a half later) I have some chicken breasts in the oven for him later when he, hopefully, will have regained his appetite.

I hope you enjoyed your Sunday night pint with your dad Griff.

Rather a grey old day here today. We got some heavy rain last night but it has stopped fine today.

Thank you Jazz.  He's OK now. He woke up went out for a wee and then ate a chicken breast except for leaving a couple of bites for later. He's now on his sofa, relaxed, happy and snoozing. 

I'm glad the special food is doing Mouse good.

The evenings are getting lighter earlier and earlier. The sun is currently trying its best to break out here.

Sun was out until 5 here. It is now dusk. Ice on lakes at the reserve is still only partially thawed. Coots and smaller ducks and gulls walking about on top of it.

My sister and bro in law are on their 4th rescued staffy and do not have a tat between them nor are they thuggish. Tattoos are so popular now anyway that it is silly to categorise people who have them. 

I am simply not on the staffy wavelength so would not want one. As I have transported somewhere between 60 and 100 of them to safety over the past 15 years and will doubtless transport more,  I feel I am doing my bit for them anyway. 

Glad Mouse and Archie are improving.

Lol @ me being a tattooed thug. Never had a tattoo in my life but won't comment on being a thug. Insult my staffies and I may revert to stereotype lol.

Oooh Jazz, didn't know you were looking for another Yorkie. Saw a teeny one on Facebook earlier looking for a home - I'll see if I can find the link.

Glad Archie enjoyed his chicken and hope the reflux problems are over for now. So horrible to see them suffering.

Also pleased Mouse is feeling more comfortable.

• Like 1

Lol...I am a chav... well, was! I am covered in tattoos...i have 13... hopefully be 14 soon, I had my first staffy as she needed a home and I think they are fabulous dogs, the dogs behave fine...me not so much

Awww poor Archie

My beer was nice but I had to leave the legion after 1 pint....I was at the point of punching someone. I don't like 2 faced people so I had to go, I couldn't live over there, I would have battered someone in my first 5 mins

• Haha 1

Ruby's gone to Newcastle today for her 6 monthly scan, followed up by another visit there in 2 weeks to see the surgeon for the results and a check up. I couldn't go with her as we've no one to sit with Archie for the best part of the day.  I am having to leave him for a couple of hours tomorrow morning whilst I go to the dentist in Maryport but next door is going to pop in on him and reassure him he hasn't been abandoned.

I love Staffies. I have had some smashers in the car on a leg of their journey to a rescue. I think I wanted to keep everyone!