UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb. we can do it!

Jazz

No snow here but woke up to a very frosty morning. The temp has gone up a bit so everything has unfrozen.

I was at the doctors this morning and am back on steroids for my asthma. I am OK as long as I am sitting doing nothing. What a great excuse for doing just that!

Don't go out anybody unless you have to if the weather is bad.  

Everything starting to thaw here and we had a walk on the reserve this afternoon. I would have walked further along the path but after about 20 mins Wispa stopped, sniffed towards the wind, and decided we were going back to the car. She was right as some very cold drizzle came in.

Pingu, I know what you mean. I had thermal top, fleece shirt, thick wool sweater and heavily quilted coat. Makes me look huge. 

I've made an executive decision on my Letrozole.  Not made lightly, I've read up on all the research material I can find, and comments from others on it, and I've decided to take it every other day and see how that goes.  One place in Arizona found in their trials that one 2.5mg tablet a week had the same effect as daily, but I thought that might be a touch too far! My next appointment to see her is 31st May, just to discuss how I'm feeling and then she'll make an appointment for another scan.  If that one shows more improvement I'll come clean and tell her what I've been doing.

Suzeanna.... I am now going to confess, I have gone from 10 tabs a week to 8!! I couldn't cope with the nausea anymore, hopefully all will be good with you too XX

I dread to think what I look like when I am walking the dogs....as long as we are warm though!

• Like 1

With medication sometimes I think Dr's aren't as current with things as they should be - Rob has been taking a medication for over a year but when he finally saw the consultant last Saturday he was told if it was going to work it would have worked in the first 72 hours and as nothing had improved then it was pointless taking it - so he's been taking prescription medication for over a year that he didn't need to take. 

Some of my medications were making me worse rather than better. At one point I was 22 tablets a day and now it's down to 6. 

Very chilly here, snow on the hills (not our Snow!) but nowt down here. 

Wispa has an excellent nose Owl, she saved you both from getting soggy.

• Like 1