UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

itchy paws

Pingu

Both Mylo and Bella have started getting itchy paws. We haven't changed anything household wise - same washing powder etc. They are on the same food they have been on for ages and its the wrong time of year for grass seeds etc. 

Both are OK at the moment but it comes and goes. Last time Mylo had to have steroids and antibiotics.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas what could be causing it?

I have the same problem with my two. I think it is something in the garden irritating them. It seems to be worse when the place is damp.

At the moment Murphy is okay but Cleo has been nibbling her paws and last week I discovered she was losing the hair  between her back legs. which explains the tufts of hair around the house. She is on a week 's course of steroids which stopped it within 24 hours. An anti bacterial/anti fungal shampoo helped a lot.

Years ago when Murphy was very itchy and the vet had no solutions- shampoo and spot ons made no difference.  I used a neem shampoo and it worked.. Unfortunately, the man died and the business closed- Neem genie- and I haven't found a similar product.