UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 19 Here we go again!

Jazz

The council pest control dept are booked in for tomorrow. It's costing £65 for a 3 week period of treatment including 3 visits. I don't think that's bad. However next door has now backtracked on paying for treatment to her house and garden despite rats having been found in her house! She reckons because she has traps in place she's covered. She won't stop feeding the birds either, even temporarily whilst we get this problem sorted. She thinks because the neighbour at her other side has shot 2 that there probably are no more. She is so stupid at times and her house is so manky inside it's no wonder rats took up residence!

Ruby got all the way to work and had to come back as she had forgotten her laptop!

I think it was poor Bruce I saw posted as missing on Twitter :mecry: Thanks for the heads-up on that programme Owl. I shall look out for it.

Griff you are so right about humans being the biggest rats of all.

Archie jumped up onto his sofa this morning. He hasn't done that in a while. We usually have to give him a bump up.

is it worth getting them in if the neighbours have them?

just played tetris in the shed. got so much to go in there. its all fit

ive been using eye drops in one eye, to see what the difference I, the one in pain and less sight is the one having drops

I did check Griff. Even if we were in the middle of nowhere, but under the same council authority, and invading rats were coming in from a field or wood the landowner would be liable and have to pay to eradicate them. If they refused I don't know that anything would get done :err: I pointed out that not all people are able or willing to pay and that from sound of it we have a real problem not just in our street but in the neighbouring streets & we are going to be overrun if something isn't done regardless of some people paying for pest control. The area will have to have blanket coverage to eradicate the problem. 

Jazz the main reason we want the pest controller in is to find any potential access points into the house so we can block them up. We haven't found any evidence of them being in the attic but that's not to say they aren't up there! We know one at least got into the house last year because the bugger died and made that awful pong.  We suspect they got in here from next door and the access was probably from her attic into ours. Anything else that the chap can do to make our garden unattractive to them would be great too. 

Archie accompanied me out into the back lane to retrieve the wheelie bins and he was running up and down - running, actual running!

Edited by Yantan
missing word!

New year, new Archie by the sound of it! Long may it last. 

I hope Wispa is relaxing at last, Owl.

Found somewhere that hopefully can fix the tv.  Seems odd having the 37 inch one sitting where the 47 inch should be! Philip's mate at work has a 49 inch one so apparently if this one is dead we'll have to get  50 to beat him.  Men!

• Like 1

Suzeanna, Steve's is 55inches, but he says that's small to him now and wants a 65inch! I have a 22inch in my bedroom and he is appalled lol

Wow Yantan... disgusting, so basically even if you pay coz of er next door, you will still have them in the garden at the very least

Suzeanna, Steve's is 55inches, but he says that's small to him now and wants a 65inch! I have a 22inch in my bedroom and he is appalled lol

Wow Yantan... disgusting, so basically even if you pay coz of er next door, you will still have them in the garden at the very least

Forgot to say, my New pair of shoes that I wore twice...the heel tip came off, cost me more than the shoes to fix but I do love them

Iz aye the only wun sniggering like a teenager at Steve having a 55 incher? 

Sorry Griff! 

I think our main TV is about 47", the tv in the kitchen is much smaller and I think the tv in my bedroom is the same size as the one in the kitchen - probably same size as yours Griff. 

It is staying light noticeably later now. 

• Haha 1

Wispa had a better day today. We went to our favourite arboretum which we both find relaxing and had a wander round. Lots of interesting smells for Wispa to sniff, interesting plants for me to look at. 

Black smoke occasionally coming out of car exhaust. The glow plugs were only replaced 4 months ago.  Will talk to garage tomorrow.

So pleased Wispa is starting to relax and you had a lovely walk. Don't know what glow plugs are but hope it's easily fixed

Just googled it and as I have a diesel car maybe I should know these things!

Edited by eve