UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 19 Here we go again!

Jazz

Eve yes I agree. I have nothing out there now. I'm not taking any chances. I've seen a rat climbing the outside of a building before now. 

Last night poor Archie was making a strange yappy noise which, as I rushed to get out of bed, get my dressing gown on and run down stairs, turned to a howl.

We leave the hall light on for him so I just rushed into the sitting room by its light not bothering to stop to put the light on in there. He was in his new bed, which he has now taken too, but kinda tucked up in the corner of it. I couldn't make out where his head was and put my hand down to find I was touching his rear end. He had somehow got folded in half. That's the only way to describe his position as it was so weird. After gently "unfolding" him I discovered he had wee'd on his own head! His collar was soaked.  

I gave him a blanket bath and soothed him. This was around 4am. I stayed up with him until he settled. Fortunately his folded blankie in the bed had stopped the wee going right through to the mattress and cover so there was just the blankie to wash along with his collar.

He's fine this morning. He's had his breakfast, a few wanders down the garden and managed to jump on his sofa himself and had a lovely long nap. He's just returned there after going out for a wee and  has settled for another nap. 

Awwwww no, Archie xx

Kota woke me  at 4.30 again...got the squits... again! I am unsure why it's happening, not sure if she is hanging on and then making herself bad, if it's something she is getting at in the garden or if she is drinking too much water after her meal...all I know is I am knackered and was supposed to be seeing Steve and going to jysk but of course I had to cancel!

Mine get fed the exact same amount of food in the morning and afternoon and don't get treats so it's not that, they are also fed at the same time each day... pretty much.

She is full of beans so she isn't ill.. just frustrating as I wanted to see Steve and get my patch test for my lvl lash lift and tint...oh well!

Griff sorry to hear Dakota's got rear end trouble. I hope it's nothing to worry about and she's back to normal soon.

Jazz it's good the little one is settling. 

Anyone else feeling the chill? It's got quite bitter here.

I asked Alexa to play some soothing music for a dog and her selection has Archie zapped out on the rug and Ruby and I are getting droop eyed 

• Like 1

Not too bad here. Lots of cloud cover keeping the temperature from getting too low.

It must be just me but I can't talk to inanimate objects lol. Richard has an Alexa thingy and gives commands to his phone and his car as well but I just don't want to. I'm not a technophobe but for some reason I don't want to speak to robots.

They don't work like that Jazz. You have to "wake" it up by using the name Alexa otherwise it's inoperative.  I've just asked for the last conversation to be repeated and it shut off. 

We can talk to our TV too and ask it to find programmes for us and it's so much easier than trying to find them with the remote control and scrolling through reams of listings. 

I often speak my text messages into my phone although I do have to go through them to make sure it's understood my accent.

Archie had a peaceful night and managed not to fold himself up and pee on his own head.