UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 19 Here we go again!

Jazz

Suzeanna my mate is on the same drug and she is having issues..mainly her nails splitting and getting infections

Just bought Steve a suit... but I think the trousers will be too small, it should have been £110 and with discounts it was £27...too good to miss, free delivery and free returns!

Oh Suzeanna (big hugs) the emojis on this site are not appropriate. Philip is in tune with you which is brilliant and what you need right now. And so are we. You deal with this however you need to and we're right behind you every step of the way. And don't stop posting the hairstyle pics on Facebook as I love those xx

• Thanks 1

Ooooo nearly forgot, they had people out in the summer to check for asbestos...they were told they were clear, they are getting their kitchen done so they were checking the kitchens for asbestos....yep!! Ceilings and floor! They half ripped the lady across the roads kitchen out and left saying she had asbestos.....now they have Knocked a hole through the kitchen wall into the hall, wrecked the décor in the hall and her wallpaper is discontinued and £25 a roll......they have got to make good so decorating the whole hall.

Steve is just going to leave them a key...I am freaking out because they seem careless and he has Molly....an open door and he might lose her for good. I have said if he can get his work shifts for 12 onwards I can go look after Molly and the workmen won't be left unattended

well i took the plunge yesterday and bought a new (2nd hand car).

I think i have got a bit of a bargain. all the valuation sites and even my insurance company are valuing the car at a lot more than i paid for it and it has quite a few options that the dealer didnt list on their advert. HPI etc is clear so its not a write off thats been repaired...

quite chuffed atm. time will tell i guess

• Like 2

Sometimes you get a bargain which really is that. I got a brilliant old car via the Refuge  about 12 years ago.  Did many miles in it and only had to scrap it when the radiator turned into a colander, and none were available anywhere in the country apart from brand new from maker which cost 3x what I paid for the car. Even then I got a bit of cash for the car as it had become a sought after classic and an enthusiast bought it for spares. 

MOT for the Kangoo on Monday. Haven't seen any black smoke since a couple of days after all the filters were replaced. 

Edited by owl

Well done Pingu 👍

I got my beloved Volvo estate through a friend who's parents owned a garage which also sold second hand cars. They kept a look out for something that would suit me and when they took the Volvo in part x I got a call. They let me have it for the same price they part x'd it for so it was an absolute bargain. They gave it a service and put a new MOT on it too for an extra £75.  I'll never get such a good deal again I doubt.

Suzeanna I agree with you. What's the point of living a longer life if Alzheimer's sets in and you have little to no appreciation of the extra time. 

No hehe it did not. I folded the back seat down which gives a huge space, put a big tarp and some straw over that. I only did it to take those who were not in milk up to their summer grazing, then brought them down in winter.

Edited by owl

Pingu, I am mechanic..I got my ex's car off gumtree local to us, I had seen the reg online and just checked the mot history, when he said he would like to look at it, I got the hpi check...it was up for £700 but he rung the guy and the man said to go straight away and he would take £650.... We turned up, Steve took it for a test drive and chatted to the guy...he had spent loads on the car, I checked it over and practically ripped the fellas hand off .....he was happy as he needed the car gone sharpish, we were happy as Steve had no car and the dogs were being left for 12 hours.....even now 2 years on, the car valuations are saying £900! Sometimes, you can grab a bargain

Owl...pleased it was the filters and nothing worse, hopefully the mot will be a breeze

I liked the Volvo V70 T5 ....super quick!!!!

Saw Molly, she was so excited, put the new cushions on the sofa and the little monster thought they were toys!;

Edited by griff

We are home - all 3 of us! Freddie is fab - he's a quick learner and very bright which is both a blessing and a curse as he saw where we hid the treats and has been plotting ways to get to them. We think hes enormous though Lisa reckons he's medium for a male greyhound - he's certainly a LOT bigger than Baddie. He's not used to being in a house so he's finding it all very strange - when I put the TV on he leapt to his feet in surprise and its clear he can see whats on the screen and listens to the sounds - never had a dog pay any attention to the TV before - this one just spent a good 5 mins absorbed by The Day After Tomorrow lol  He's a counter surfer extraordinaire - he's already found a lost werthers original down the side of a chair and ate it wrapper and all before I even had chance to finish saying NO! 🙄 On that note I suspect he'll think his name is "no" long before he realises it's Freddie lol 

• Like 2