UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 19 Here we go again!

Jazz

Snow - would you want Freddie to live in the wrong home? As you said, you've been doing this a very long time so trust your gut instinct. If it's not right you have to give him a chance to find the right home. Which is what you're doing. I know you feel devastated for both him and you but you're doing this for all the right reasons so stop beating yourself up - big hugs xx

• Like 1

He'll be going into foster on Saturday we will be taking him over to Henley first thing to hand him over so that he has the weekend to settle with them. In so many ways he is wonderful, just the sort of dog we love and want but I feel very strongly that he needs more space than we can offer - or perhaps a better laid out space than we have. He's already bonding with us as are we to him so to have delayed making the decision wouldn't have been fair on him - part of me is still doubting myself but thats the heart talking not the head and the head and gut and my experience is telling me this is whats right for HIM even if we're being slated for it. 

• Like 1

All people see is us bouncing a dog in less than a week - they don't know us, our our house etc. so yeah theres some nasty comments - I'm not reading them any more. I know its the right thing and I know the soul searching we've done and the tears we have and will cry, we are a good home for a dog and will be again, just not this particular dog. Sadly. 

• Like 1

It's rather cold here. Brrrrrr.  Last visit from the Council's environmental pest control officer today. Fingers crossed there has been no further activity.

Evie and her family are coming for tea on Sunday. All are vegan and 2 are gluten free. I am not cooking from scratch. The kids are having veggie sausages with beans and home-made potato wedges. Adults are bringing gluten free bread and they are having beans on toast. I don't usually offer something so mundane as beans on toast to visitors but they suggested it and have said they will be very happy with that. 

Social media is full of judgemental people who are always ready to criticise without knowing the facts. The way some adults behave online is a poor example for young people, and I am not surprised by the distress caused to children and teenagers by cyber bullying. 

• Like 3

Just hobbled back from taking Candy for a walk.  I thought all the ice had gone from the pavements, I was wrong! The side roads still pretty icy and there is still snow lying on our back lawn. It's meant to be colder tomorrow and I've got to get to the hospital for my haematology appointment, not looking forward to it.  If it's too slippery I'm going to phone and lie through my teeth and try to get a different appointment, I've got enough tablets for another five weeks.

We must have written at the same time Jazz, hope he says yes if that's what you want and you don't have a long wait.

Edited by suzeanna

Good luck for tomorrow either for getting there or getting the appointment changed depending on the weather.

Hope you get the go ahead Jazz

Man from the council has been - no signs of rodents. However if next door doesn't clean her act up (literally!) and stop feeding the birds they will no doubt return to the vicinity i.e her house and garden. 

Here's a Random Mundane Fact for you. According to an article in one of Ruby's New Scientist mags there is a Law Of Urination. Most mammals take 21 seconds to empty their bladders. 

I went to the reserve visitor centre for lunch today and found a surprise waiting. The owners of the lovely cat I found deceased last Thursday and took home to his people had been in and left a box of posh chocolates and a card with a nice message of thanks. They must have looked at my profile and seen where I work. Now I have to work out what to do with the chocolates as I can't eat the stuff. Some even have liqueur in which is even worse for me. Someone is going to get lucky.