UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 19 Here we go again!

Jazz

Eve sorry to hear that your dad and your aunt aren't doing very well.  A bond is a bond and I do like how someone here said they were reaching out to each other to begin the next adventure. Apologies for not naming names, my memory is terrible these days.

WooWoo for the Kangoo.

I've spent ages trying to clear a blockage in the hoover. Got it in the end.

Sorry for bringing this up but is everyone as thoroughly sick of hearing about Brexit as I am? Just get on with it FFS! 

Poor Archie had acid this morning. One dose of his medicine sorted it eventually but he was uncomfortable for a couple of hours. He's been sleeping for the past 3 hours or so. He has a chicken breast waiting for him in his dish. 

That quote was just for one part ... the whole bill is 350 and I paid nearly the same last week. Still cheaper than getting another car and this one has now had so much replaced that it should be good for a few more years yet.

Edited by owl

Lol Owl, sounds like you've got a new car already, just bit by bit. Hopefully that'll be it for a while.

No, Suzeanna, you didn't upset me at all. I actually find it really comforting. The next adventure sounds just right. I've been prepared for my dad dying for a few years to be honest and the stubborn old s*d bounces back against all the odds. He's beaten a stomach rupture, bowel cancer, alcoholism and a stroke just for starters, plus all the dementia related problems. A bit like my old staffie Stanley who should never have lived to 14 with all he had wrong with him but battled on just the same. But there came a day when I knew he'd had enough and I told him it was ok to give up and he died on his own terms in my arms that day. It sort of feels that way with my dad, and if he's had enough too I'm ready to let him go and be at peace. Auntie Peggy is also still hanging on so they may well go together.

Sorry, that sounds so morbid, don't want to drag the forum down.

You planned your next meal with Steve yet Griff? Spend that voucher lol.

How's Freddie doing Snow?

Edited by eve

I don't know what to say or how to say it other than straight from the heart - we have failed Freddie utterly failed him, I know its going to look like we didn't give him a fair chance, and he has done NOTHING wrong - he is a sweet sweet boy and deserves a first class home and I wish it could be us but it can't. Although its going to sound like a very poor excuse the fact is he is is much bigger than we anticipated and our house is so small it just doesn't feel right for us. No one can say anything thats going to make me feel any worse or any more upset than I currently feel. I didn't sleep at all last night going over and over and over it in my head let me say again this is MY fault NOT his fault. I have let him and Lisa down and I know it. 

I have never bounced a dog - and we have had dogs with all kinds of issues and we never quit or gave up on them and they all turned into wonderful heart dogs - Freddie/Jaffa is already wonderful, he has done nothing at all wrong, he's a bright bright loving and kind boy and its barely been 5 days so yes it feels to me and probably lots of people that we are not giving him a chance but if it were anything we could work on then it would be different but I cannot make the house any bigger, and I know Baddie was a greyhound and not that much smaller than him but he just feels so much bigger and the house really is very small, and my gut is telling me we aren't the right home for him and even I know how bad that sounds. 

if they don't 'click' its best to say as soon as possible. my friend had merlin a day. but I saw his head come round the door. we clicked before she said she wanted him gone. if I find a yorkie or maltese, they have to be the right ones

• Like 1

Snow, I'm so sorry for you and for him.  He sounds a wonderful lad, but to be honest, it's not just the size of the house...his strong prey drive might well have been a problem to you in the future, as he's big he's probably pretty strong too, you wouldn't want him pulling you over.  Candy is a small cocker but she's nearly had me off my feet when she's suddenly surged forward after a cat under a car! I think that could have been a worse problem than the size of your house, I've known someone kept two great danes in a not very big flat but he walked them for hours every day. Don't beat yourself up about it, the extra information about him that you can give Lisa should guarantee him the right home next time, and the dog you should have is waiting for you..somewhere! I've seen some crackers on GDS (Spanish based rescue), some pretty small.  

We once got a female grey from Ireland that we thought would be a good match with Dylan...she went after four days, she attacked him twice and bit him quite badly on his back.  With the best will in the world things don't always work out the way we hope they will. xx

• Like 1