UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 19 Here we go again!

Jazz

I've done my online Tesco shop and for the first time in weeks it didn't give me an ouch moment when I looked at my "usuals" list and saw all the dog stuff - instead I was happily adding it back in my basket again :)  

We've also retrieved all Nogs saved toys from the garage where we'd stored them in a sealed bag - I don't think Fred will need any new ones for quite awhile 😄

20190109_181602.jpg

• Like 2

Let's hope he likes toys! Candy loves to chase a ball, but squeaky toys..nope.  She has a little furry hedgehog thing that she carts around, but that's it. We bought several things when we first had her, but I've ended up giving them to a rescue.  Bet you are mega excited..what time are you leaving to get him, 6am? 😄

What a great amount of toys Snow. So excited for you. All soft toys last oooh maybe minutes in this house before being killed lol. But then they do play tuggies with the shredded strips for ages after so they do get a lot of games out of them. Cooper used to like chasing a ball but since Nick joined us and became Games Monitor it's mostly tuggies and play fighting he's into. Cooper is Food Monitor and makes sure meals and treats are dished up on time. Honey is just The Boss and keeps the boys in line.

• Like 1

We have been out with a friend doing the tracking which we are supposed to have retired from. Only local though, another little old terrier. Thankfully no canal this time. Seems to have trotted off down a woodland path to next village so publicity is now being done there. We were on our way back when Wispa suddenly pulled me up to a rise which was the old pit top and is now covered in grass and low scrub. I was very surprised as I didn't think the old terrier would have climbed up there, but in fact she was showing me a different dog, a very big ginger lurcher. No human in sight. Lurcher was interested when I blew dog whistle and started to approach my friend but then realised he didn't know us and legged it at great speed. Reported to dog warden in case anyone is missing one. 

• Like 1

Noggin used to love his toys - and very rarely destroyed them thats why we still have all those he just used to love to cuddle up to them or play throwing and pouncing games. Baddie was offered them to play with but never showed any interest in toys of any kind even squeaky ones which always made me feel a little sad for him. Whats surprising to me is every one of the squeaky ones still squeaks and theres one that both jiggles and whistles and thats still working too. Fred apparently plays with squeaky toys and has a teddy he sleeps with in his kennel, he's also apparently pretty intelligent for a greyhound and loves mental games too. 

For those of you on facebook you'll notice I haven't yet said anything publicly about him or us going to get him because I don't usually like to post anything about being away from home until last min  - just in case. I suspect I might post pics from Gap when we're there and on our way home. 

Archie had 4 toy boxes full of toys. He used to love them and played with them all. However he has ignored them for the last 12 months or more so I washed the ones that could be washed and together with the rest donated them to a local rescue. When Ruby took them in the lady said "oh how lovely, he has been thoroughly spoilt by the looks of it".

When and if we get another dog he or she will get new toys. 

Wispa has still got it! What a clever girl to find that dog at the top of a rise. Talking of getting dragged somewhere by a dog or dogs I once helped a schoolfriend to walk her dad's Trailhounds. We went up the fell at the back of their farmhouse and I had 2 Trailies on lead in each hand. I don't think my feet touched the ground! I've never gone up the front of a fell so fast. I never offered again!

• Haha 1

Wispa still has the nose and the brain, it is her joints that are the problem. She has suffered no lameness from yesterday but has slept a lot.

With 2 trailies on lead in each hand, I would think parascending would be an option! 

Sad errand today. Someone on local lost and found pets group had spotted a deceased cat in a driveway but could not deal with it as she was walking dogs. I drove over there with an old towel and wrapped him up o out in my car while I went house to house asking. Felt so sorry for the poor owner who was on night shift, and was woken by me with bad news. That is 2 lovely ladies I have made cry in 4 days with bad news. 😪

Although you were the bearer of bad news Owl I am sure the owners were comforted to know what happened. We lost a cat once. She went out one day and never returned despite a widespread search, poster campaign etc.. The whole village we lived in at the time was on the lookout for her yet there was not one sighting. We think she may have been killed by accident by farm machinery in a field as it was hay time but not knowing for sure we have been left for ever wondering. 

Archie has had acid again this morning but recovered after a couple of doses of medicine. He has spent the best part of the day peacefully asleep. He got up to have a double helping of dinner and has retired back to the rug for more zzzzz's. 

One of our cats disappeared, never to be seen again despite our best efforts to find out what had happened to her.  I'd have rather had bad news than never know.

Philip has bought a new monitor (boys and their toys!).  Admittedly the other one was 15 years old but this one is much bigger and is going to take a bit of getting used to.  It's rather bright as well, will have to wind the brightness down, I think....if I can work out how!. 

I'm going to have a serious talk with my oncologist when I see her, I don't want to take this drug any more.  My brain isn't working properly, I muddle my words up, I can't think of things and every day tasks I should be doing automatically I'm having to think about.  I checked for articles about the effect of it on the brain and it has been proved to be a factor in developing Alzheimers (sp?).  I told Philip that I'd rather die of cancer sooner but with a functioning mind, than later and gaga.  He said he completely understands and then he said he wouldn't have brought the subject up if I hadn't, but he has noticed a definite change in me and my mental ability in the last few months.